110-120% Throttle on Lyen 18FET controller?

I am looking for information from anyone running above 100% throttle on a Lyen 18FET controller. I know it ramps up the unloaded speed ,but i am concerned with what kinda performance increase or hazards that might accompany these settings. It seems to put it into turbo mode, but before i actually put it to the streets ,i would like to get some input as what to expect.

I am running a HT3525 with the Lyen overclocker 18FET with Lithium Ion Polymer batteries 58.5v hot rated at 50a continous 80a max.

Thanks in advance for your input!

I'm running 105% all the time in high mode, no problems. I haven't tried any higher though but I've got at least 100 miles on it now. I'm also pushing 10kw output out of it running 125V and 60-100A battery current depending on what I'm testing, just keep the phase current as low as possible. The PWM really drops even at just 105% and it's a very noticeable difference in power over 100%. I'm thinking I'll try 110% next test since so few are really experimenting as much as I am on these EB3XX controllers.

zombiess,

Well right now i have it set at 40a and 100a phase , so do you think that if its set at 115-120% that i should lower the amps and phase?
Or do you think that at those settings i wouldnt burn anything up? I am trying to get some opinions before mayby burning something up.
Thanks

P.s ive been searching all morning on any thread that has someone doing this , but have come up with nothing.

richirich1113 said:
zombiess,

Well right now i have it set at 40a and 100a phase , so do you think that if its set at 115-120% that i should lower the amps and phase?
Or do you think that at those settings i wouldnt burn anything up? I am trying to get some opinions before mayby burning something up.
Thanks

P.s ive been searching all morning on any thread that has someone doing this , but have come up with nothing.

I'd stick to 105% -110% max for now, but if you want more speed, up the voltage. I'm not sure what controller version you are running an am really most familiar with the EB3xx series. Some people seem to have good luck with 120% others have issues. When testing it's always best to go in increments.

40A 100A phase is nothing for that controller which I'm guessing is using IRFB4110 FETs, I've run that on my Lyen 9 FET 4310 controller with no mods at 24S Lipo (100V fully charged) in 110F weather, controller still works fine but got a bit hotter then I liked so I backed it down to 33A battery 90A phase. I never went over 100% throttle on that one though.

Point I'm making is your controller is capable of way more than you are running it at now and easiest way to increase speed is more voltage and some more amps. 72-84V @ 60A 140A phase would be safe and fun.

Thanks,
Im just trying to see what i could push with what i got. It is lyens 18FET low RDS overclocker controller. I know that ill be upping power in the future so i figured i go with that so i wouldnt have to buy another, each time i upgrade. I will be going to up the volts but cant afford the batteries till April. :cry:

Back