12kw V2100 Build (The widowmaker)

Ugrd

10 W
Whats up everyone (or should I say Watts Up)

My V2100 has gone through alot of modifications in the past 2 years but ive never been fully happy with it, although it is pretty insane to ride :twisted: So I decided to bunker down this winter and actually build a real electric bike id be pleased with to enjoy in the summertime. Here is a picture of the bike as it stands today non functioning (ignore the wires hanging off it):

cae74843ecdeb694901108995b1fc84e.jpg

The current modifications that the bike above has are:
-Front and Rear Holmes 17" MPP rims with custom spokes, along with CotiGo 17x2.75 tires
-DNM USD-8 Fork and DNM 200x55mm rear shock
-Crystalyte 5403 modded with 10 guage phase wires and new hall wires filled 30% with ATF fluid
-Farfle swing arm (modded with dropout screws)
-230mm front disk brake, 200mm rear diskbrake
-Shimano hydraulic brakes all around
-ATV Handlebar switches (Turn signals, Horn, Lights)
-Magura Throttle with resistor mod
-CA
-Turn signal mirrors and a 5" headlight
-Pegs attached on swing arm

Headway is shipping 60x 38120S cells to me at the end of February, to accommodate all these cells the following plan will be used:

1bb44ff5f431dfafa2fa95d9c66db969.png

2 separate 3/16" PVC enclosures will be used to hold them, along with sheets on each side to prevent the batteries from falling out, foam and doublesided tape will be used on each of these panels to make sure they don't move during riding. Each enclosure is a 30s 10ah pack, and the packs will be wired in parallel for a final voltage of around 105v at 3.5v on each cell at full charge, which also gives us 20ah total.

Additional mods that will be going on it will be as follows:
-My previous 24 fet modded Lyen Controller with 8 guage phase wires, beefed up traces, and all new MOSFETs to handle the high voltage, along with some capacitors on the bottom of the PCB to handle high draw and possibly prevent blowing it.
-Temperature sensing on controller, each pack (probe epoxied to a random cell inside each pack), and possibly the motor core if I can figure out how to make it stay there and run the additional wires out the axle.
-Rear light and rear turn signals
-110v to 12v DC DC Step Down Converter
-Contactor and precharger resistors
-Possible 12v car outlet for charging phones, inverters, etc
-New bottom bracket with short throw arms and chain

With all this considered I figure it should pull around 12kw max, with 7-8C discharge on the cells, along with a top speed around 50mph with 17" tires. The dropouts might need to be beefed up to support all the power it will produce, although it held fine at the 9kw it was before with a 72v lipo pack.

Il be posting my progress in this thread and hopefully will get her done before the end of March.

Thanks for looking,
Ugrd

-Pegs attached on swing arm

I don't think the suspension will act as intended when your on the pegs. could you mount them at the bottom bracket and have them trail back?

Finally got her up and running after some delays with school and getting everything together. She still needs her contactor and precharge wired up but XT90s will do for now. 12kw on the cycle analyst and weighs in around 130lbs without a rider, top speed is around 55mph, im very satisfied. All it needs now is a horn and a BB with some pedals. Also the pegs haven't been an issue with suspension, im not going offroading with it so it works well for what it does :p I made sure the battery box is extra extra beefed up so its bolted to the frame with 8 bolts per box, used some steel U thingys I found at lowes to mount it and prevent it from moving at all during harsh riding. The plastic is PVC and then heat gunned to the desired shape and its VERY stiff, the covers are kept on by a insulated rod that goes all the way through the box and then wing nutted tight on each side.

c4333f96914f096e6d6a18df29715b28.jpg

a5f0a8190b7080297b1f76f6432be378.jpg

I build my battery packs with 10ga 999 silver wire. Really adds some power and charges faster. I also run higher voltage battery pack than I need e.g. 60volt battery pack with a 45 volt line regulator. Really helps with voltage drop and extends battery life.

rwolf15 said:
I build my battery packs with 10ga 999 silver wire. Really adds some power and charges faster.

Wow, that's a new horizon in diminishing returns. How much resistance does 10ga silver wire have versus 8ga copper, and what's the price difference?

As long as you're into this stuff for fetishistic reasons, why not use pure gold wire? Why not air up your tires with neon? Why not fill your hydraulic brakes with 100% snake oil? It would be that much more satisfying.

Hahaha the wiring from each of the packs is 10 gauge to the connector (Basically a Y-Cable to connect the two packs in parallel) and then 8 gauge to the controller, 10 gauge phase wires, all of these are just stranded copper (I think?) I got from hobbyking, very nice silicon wiring they have. The voltage drop is around 15 volts from 98v (Nominal) when drawing 150 amps, pretty good for lifepo4s id say, which is a 0.5 volt drop for each cell which translates well to this graph headway has for their advertised voltages with C ratings next to them:
38120_discharge__69651.1365186232.1280.1280.jpg

Back