12x142 thru-axle hub drive sold in the USA? Any at all?

richj8990

100 W
Doesn't look like anything Bafang or Suntour sell for a through-axled hub can be bought (or imported) into the USA. Bafang's H800 is fat-bike only here; Suntour's R250 TA HP is not selling on any legitimate website. Grin's hub motor stuff is 100% qr (quick-release). Looks like everything that is not a ripoff is going to be 9x135 qr for the rear hub drives. When I say legitimate, I mean at least on the E-Bay / Amazon level (above Ali Express). I just cannot find any thru-axle rear hub drives for sale in the USA. Any information for them that you guys have?

Try Grin Technology in Canada. I think they have something. It might be their own universal motor. they know their stuff. Real ebgineering going on there, not just parts vendors. if there is one they would know about it.

Grin's hub motor stuff is 100% qr (quick-release).
Ah, no. Grin sells the All-Axle, which swaps between several thru-axle standards for front hubs.

By the end of this month, they say they will release their version with a freehub. Details are modest, but they told me there would be several thru-axle versions.

search for Crystalite TC2540 or H3540

• Uses threaded freewheel instead of cassette freehub. 8 and 9 speed freewheels and many 7 speed freewheels require additional axle spacer

Bummer. Of all the archaic bike components still around, I probably hate freewheels and V-brakes the most. I can handle triple chainrings, tubes in tires, lack of a dropper post, etc., But not a freewheel!

Ah, no. Grin sells the All-Axle, which swaps between several thru-axle standards for front hubs.

By the end of this month, they say they will release their version with a freehub. Details are modest, but they told me there would be several thru-axle versions.

OK thanks. Sorry to be picky but I absolutely need a cassette-based freehub, so I'll wait for more details. Even if it came with no axle at all, as long as the hole in the motor is 12mm wide and it has a freehub I can do the rest.

Just curious, why not a mid drive?

I just did a mid-drive conversion, see e-bike build subforum. I was only asking about the thru-axle hubs if I threw many hands in the air and gave up on mid-drives. Ironically, having said that I still have a lot of work to do on this mid-drive crankset. As in replacing it and still getting the motor aligned, etc. So maybe I will tear my hair out later and beg for a simple hub drive lol. For now I'm on a mission! I'm going to do it. That's the plan.

Back