• Howdy! we're looking for donations to finish custom knowledgebase software for this forum. Please see our Funding drive thread

135mm front suspension fork

wil

10 W
Does anybody know of a 135mm dropout front fork with suspension to fit a 135mm rear hub motor?

All I've found is the maverick sc32, which is out of production and also supposed to be terrible and this custom job http://fat-bike.com/2014/02/brad-binghams-snozocchi-fat-bike-suspension-fork/ but at 800 dollars for what is just a crown it is pretty exxy. The others I've found are all upside down shocks, which obviously can't be used with torque arms.

I might have to custom make one, like http://singletrackworld.com/2014/01/magura-engineers-diy-fatbike-fork/, I can probably get a crown machined fairly cheaply, especially a flat 2d one, which is all it has to be, and the bridge could probably be done by myself fairly simply too

I ran into a similar problem when I built my monster fatbike. Fatbikes generaly use 135mm front hub spacing. There were No full suspension fatbikes at the time, and there still aren't many now.

Sadly, the Maverick SC32 was for through axles, and won't work with a motor without some serious re-engineering, and was never a good fork.

You're going to have to build something custom.

If you can solve the through axle problem, the Marzocchi Monster used bolt on clamps, but also a bolt on bridge, so custom fabricating is easier. The Marzocchi Shiver was an inverted fork and didn't have a bridge between sides, also making fabricating easier.
Or look to motorcycle forks. something meant for dual brakes would have beefy bolt holes you could fabricate Hub motor axle mounts to

Just curious, what are you building that would make the expense of this kind of job worth more than the cost of a front motor?

I'm trying to do a fairly stealthy, but still 40mph+ fast 2wd build, and so i'm aiming to use the small ~134mm diameter motors so they look as close to regular hubs as possible. To do this I need 1200 watt mini hubs, and there appears to be just 1 available that can output that amount of power in such a small package.

Great perfect! Except it only comes in a 135mm rear hub size, which leads to the problem of having to fit it in a 100mm fork.

I also want the suspension because well, 40mph is quite fast, a solid fork definitely wouldn't be fun at those speeds

I'll definitely look into the monster, a custom torque arm sort of setup should be able to deal with any axle problems from it

wil said:
I'm trying to do a fairly stealthy, but still 40mph+ fast 2wd build, and so i'm aiming to use the small ~134mm diameter motors so they look as close to regular hubs as possible. To do this I need 1200 watt mini hubs, and there appears to be just 1 available that can output that amount of power in such a small package.

Great perfect! Except it only comes in a 135mm rear hub size, which leads to the problem of having to fit it in a 100mm fork.

Which 134mm dia motor can sustain 1200w?

Sunder said:
Which 134mm dia motor can sustain 1200w?

The one that we are talking about in http://endless-sphere.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=30&t=53939 seems quite promising, Crossbreak will be running 1125watt through it, and with ATF and proper temperature sensing 1200+watt shouldn't be off the cards

It's a random china motor, sold be zelena vozila

Back