2 motors 1 twist throttle

guido

10 mW
hello there,
I have a bike with 2 motors, one magic pie 3 in the front wheel and a cyclone mid engine( each its own controller) , the power is supplied with a 48volts/32Ah lifepo4 battery, the current set up is equiped with on the left and right hand side a twist throttle for each motor and in the middle of the handlebar a grip shift for the rear wheel hub. this works fine but the grip shift is very difficult to use.
what i`d like is both motors on one throttle and the grip shift back on the left hand side, now i already called the guys at golden motor and they told me that it was possible just connected the throttle wire from the mp3 with the throttle wire from the cyclone and maybe also the ground and the 5V positive............

but to my surprise the cyclone directly tried to turn when I touched the throttle wire of the cyclone with the throttle wire from the mp3, I didnt pursue this because I was a bit stunned, afterwards it seemed that the cyclone throttle didnt really like what i did because it did not function at all afterwards.

I know its easier when using 2 systems from the same supplier, but the principle remains the same .....or am I wrong?
ps I know little of electronics but id be gratefull for any ideas
thanks

On both my twin motored bikes I made double throttles by removing the hall sensor from one and piggy-backed it to the other. You have to grind off the side of the plastic slot which holds the first hall to get them closer together and then epoxy the second in place. On my second throttle, I took out the switch and LEDs and connected the three spare wires to the second hall sensor so that I only had one cable. With this method, one throttle doesn't quite reach full throttle. In the second one I put the halls end to end, but I couldn't quite get the join central to the magnet, so ended up with the same result of one giving slightly more than the other.
throttlewithtwohaals.jpg

finisheddoublethrottle.jpg

I did something similar last year. See here: http://endless-sphere.com/forums/viewtopic.php?p=501963#p501963

Effectively, two hall sensors with two outputs within one twist throttle.

Back