2019 Motor Simulator, Mid-drives and other updates

Bullfrog said:
I just love the graph with the MAC and the G360...

As most know, the drawback of the MAC is keeping it cool...
IMO liquid cooling is the best option...by liquid cooling... Tough to get better heat transfer than convective cooling with a liquid.

The G360 may have slightly less efficiency, BUT it comes with an O-ring seal on the case, and a very well potted wire exit. The brake mounting screw holes also are not drilled through to the internals meaning they are no longer a leak point.

I have mine filled with 100ml ATF and haven't had a drop leak yet.

When using my older Bafang SWXH which I also oil filled I gave up on the back brake entirely, it leaked oil constantly.

Thank You for this fine reference information, Justin and all.
I chose the BBS02 because of this analysis and my working background in thermodynamics.
No regrets.
"But what's interesting is you could have all of this exact same improvement by simply starting with the BBS02 motor and then clamping on some additional passive heatsinks to achieve better thermal conduction and heat capacity! "
Justin Le

My imperfect, mismatched, experimental, radiused, 'Raspberry Pi" extruded Aluminum heat sinks.
They Work.
I measure motor 'skin' temperature.
Always achieving some steady state temperature level, under variable dynamic conditions, while remaining under it's OEM thermal breaker system limit.
Some Crank !
I like it.
Mike
BBS02_Fins.JPG

Back