27 Plus Hub Options

Ozzzz

100 W
I picked up another bike locally for a steel :)
It's a Charge Cooker 0 (UK) A single speed '27 plus' steel frame /40mm rims

Screen Shot 2016-11-11 at 2.26.54 AM.png

I bought it as a 'round towner' and trial for my next tourer, didnt initially have plans for another E bike.
(I bought a Wheeler steel Fatty that i'm gonna put my 2 mac motors into inc the one from my Norco Sasquatch before selling it on)

But what are the possibilities for 27+?
Iv'e just spent a good couple of hours only partly decreasing this huge gap in my knowledge and have come to the realisation that nobody seems to either offer a 36h / 27+ rim (around 40mm) and that trusty mac isn't offered 26 then 700c.. the astounding realisation that ive seen all these mid drive builds and no hubs (in 27"). Could try 29" but really like the 27+ 2.8/3.0 platform, kinda defeats the purpose.

Any news about to be in the wind? Any source for 27+ 36H rims? I'd consider a front hub mtr, had thoughts of an IGH (in the rear)
32H hub motors of reliable source?

Failing that I guess its mid-drive, just more new territory for me, I like the stealth of hubs, battery etc hidden, given i also like the bigger power than our nurse maids allow here (in Oz).

E bike kit has a 9 speed freewheel you can get with the 500w geared motor. I'm pretty darn sure any 9 speed screw on freewheel will also work with any motor that has the screw on.

Not sure about motors with cassette, but why would they not work with 9 speed, if they already have cassette on the motor?

Back