28,000 watt Motoped with 3kwh of nano-tech

It is surprising how well it runs in deep powder. If I turn in hard, the rear end will step out a bit, then the side load from the snow holds it at a certain slide angle.

This thing is so fun to ride! Maybe it needs three motors and taller gearing. :wink:

Matt

recumpence said:
It is surprising how well it runs in deep powder. If I turn in hard, the rear end will step out a bit, then the side load from the snow holds it at a certain slide angle.

This thing is so fun to ride! Maybe it needs three motors and taller gearing. :wink:

Matt
I think with all that battery on board, three motors would suit this monster even more than your 20" bike!

recumpence said:

Matt

Oh yes three motors will be even more crazy, and will make for great videos. It is almost impossible to imagine what kind of peak power 3 x 3220 will bring, and yet be so light weight and so nimble. With no extra weight for the rear wheel. Yes it totally insane to have all that power on a bicycle. And that is why we love it.

We have 4 inches of sleet and beads of ice on the ground, perfect for the Motoped!

I took it down the road and through the grass. The grass is fantastic! It slices through the sleet and snow with ease. The road is a bit more difficult. But, still alot of fun.

I do not have a CA on this bike. I think I prefer the throttle "Feel" without it.

Anyway, I am having fun. I never thought I would be able to enjoy an E-bike in the snow. This thing is great fun.....

Matt

I just came in from a 20 minute ride in the snow. We have a thin layer of crust on top of about 4 to 5 inches of ice bead type snow. All I can say is WOW! This thing is soooo much fun! I had it wide open 80% of the time. It ran about 25 to 30 mph of forward speed with the rest wheel-spin. It handles great, it rides comfortably, and the run time is really alot better than I expected it would be in the snow. I used about 35% of my charge in 20 minutes. This riding was done in very difficult (draggy) snow at full throttle. When I let off the throttle, the bike wanted to stop almost immediately from the drag of the crusty snow. Yet, on the throttle, it accelerated wonderfully, tracked very well in the snow, and was a pleasure to ride. I am finding it difficult to find a fault in the way it runs in the snow. It is also quite stealthy. I am [currently] running without a headlight. So, I have limited myself to a couple wide open areas I know like the back of my hand (and there are street lights). Without a headlight and being electric, the bike is very stealthy. I have never had such a quiet ride in the winter. All of the winter toys I have had (powered toys) have been extremely noisey. This thing is super quiet. Yet the small amount of sound it makes is a pleasant whine.

The motors and belt are running about 110 degrees. This is about perfect. That means I am extracting power from the system, while retaining reliability. Awesome.....

I will do my best to get some more video footage for you guys this weekend, assuming the snow has not melted by then.

I cannot wait to install my headlights I have for it. :D

Matt

Subskribed

recumpence said:
A couple more pictures. You can see I narrowed the battery box at the bottom. This improved the look tremendously.

The nose fairing finishes off the nose a bit too. I think I like the look without a front fender.

Matt

Can you please tell me where you have got this awesome light maske from? I would love to have one like this on my Vector Built with my Harley Davidson light!

Back