3500 watt per wheel.

Status
Not open for further replies.
None said:
Hummina Shadeeba said:
I’m raising my center of mass when I stand. The analogy of a pencil balancing in the palm I like. A ruler balancing on the palm is easier than a pencil. Pencil,sitting;ruler,standing.

Someone needs to go back to physics class. :lol:

How is standing not raising the center of mass? How is it not analogous to a pencil in palm? The higher the center of mass the easier to balance.

BalorNG said:
None said:
Hummina Shadeeba said:
I’m raising my center of mass when I stand. The analogy of a pencil balancing in the palm I like. A ruler balancing on the palm is easier than a pencil. Pencil,sitting;ruler,standing.

Ok, that's just ebike4healthandfitness in disguise (was he banned or something?), no more troll feeding I guess.

How bout u explain if u can.

Is this wrong?

https://motorbikewriter.com/does-standing-lower-centre-of-gravity/

I didn’t say anything I would consider being a troll (whatever that silly term really means who knows). I posted my experiences and how I understand it and I posted support.

Hummina Shadeeba said:
BalorNG said:
None said:
Hummina Shadeeba said:

Ok, that's just ebike4healthandfitness in disguise (was he banned or something?), no more troll feeding I guess.

How bout u explain if u can.

Is this wrong?

https://motorbikewriter.com/does-standing-lower-centre-of-gravity/

Chalo said:
None said:
Even heard of 'mass centralization' on motorcycles?

Yes, I first heard of that in the late 1980s as an explanation for why Honda and others were tilting their engines more upright and putting the heavy cylinder heads higher than necessary, raising the bike's center of mass (which was confusing to mouth breathers, but not to me as a cyclist).

Which is further proof that this is just clueless eb4hf that with a few facts he swiped over internet that SEEM to prove his argument, but without cohesive picture of what is REALLY going on (he is not interested in that - he is interested in 'winning an argument') he once again proves something else entirely, but too dumb to even notice it.

Next time he'll be banned for offencive behavior, he might as well create an account 'GodAlmighty' and claim that 'lowering CG makes bikes more stable, period - because I've created laws of Physics, bow before my wisdom!'.

It might even be somewhat more believeable - after all, to nearly quote Carlin, if there is a God, he must be a narcissistic psycho and an incompetent one to boot, if state of matters in the universe is of any indication...

P.S.
Hummina Shadeeba, I think you misunderstand me. This 'None' guy is just a bot account of 'ebike4healthandfitness', the choice of topics and, ahem, argument style is unmistakable.

Hummina Shadeeba said:
How is standing not raising the center of mass? How is it not analogous to a pencil in palm? The higher the center of mass the easier to balance.

If you have to ask, clearly you didn't pay attention in physics class.

Hummina Shadeeba said:
None said:
Hummina Shadeeba said:

If you have to ask, clearly you didn't pay attention in physics class.
Can u please explain?

He can't explain, because he doesn't understand what he's talking about.

BalorNG said:
There is no less amount of bigotry regarding 'upright platform' coming from recumbent side - after all, recumbents are usually ridden by humans, and ingroup loyalty/outgroup hostility is.

Yeah. I edited my comment to bias, rather than bigotry, which refers specifically to human psychology. Bigotry may explain a person's violent rejection of an idea, but a system wide rejection requires much more.

First, virtually everyone who has ever learned to ride a bike did so on an upright.

“Give me a child until he is 7 and I will show you the man.”

Aristotle

Secondly, there is a entire high dollar sport built around the upright bike.

Third, the bicycle manufacturing industry is totally dependent on the sports industry for positive public exposure. There is no serious public interest in bicycles as transportation. Only fools and poor people ride bicycles.

This all applies equally to motorbikes. BMW is one of the few companies that has done a bit of improved safety design work. Their marketing department has showed no interest whatsoever.

https://www.cycleworld.com/story/motorcycle-news/bmw-safety-bike/

Chalo said:
He can't explain, because he doesn't understand what he's talking about.

As if you do?

Rider's weight gets transferred to the pedals when you stand on the pedals,
therefore majority of the weight is lowered; from saddle height to around bottom bracket height.
Does that lower the CoG or CoM? yes.
Does that make the bike more maneuverable? yes.
Does recumbents need to 'stand on pedals to lower their CoG or CoM for better maneuvering? no

Maybe you can answer some of my previous questions?

None said:
And just how long have this person been riding his recumbent?
Does he ever practice slow speed, tight turns on his recumbent for hours?
If the only way a person can ride and avoid back & neck pain is on a recumbent, I think that's an advantage to recumbent.
IME, for most rides more than two hours in the saddle, I prefer riding my recumbent because it is far more comfortable than an upright bicycle.
Doesn't everyone prefer to be comfortable on longer rides?

None said:
Rider's weight gets transferred to the pedals when you stand on the pedals,
therefore majority of the weight is lowered; from saddle height to around bottom bracket height.
Does that lower the CoG or CoM? yes.
Does that make the bike more maneuverable? yes.
Does recumbents need to 'stand on pedals to lower their CoG or CoM for better maneuvering? no

Maybe you can answer some of my previous questions?

No, the CoM/CoG is going to be somewhere around your chest and you will still be holding the handlebars and adjusting your position over the bike while you are standing on the pedals. You will shift your weight forward riding uphill and back riding downhill.

RunForTheHills said:
No, the CoM/CoG is going to be somewhere around your chest and you will still be holding the handlebars and adjusting your position over the bike while you are standing on the pedals. You will shift your weight forward riding uphill and back riding downhill.

Riding downhill at what speed?
DH racing is different than trying to maneuver a regular bike at lower speed through a tight course.
Even observed trial bikes have very low or no seats even, just to keep the CoG & CoM lower to wheel axle level.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back