4 Lipo series connection

Jcriv

10 µW
I have 4 HobbyKing 4s multistar 10ah batteries coming. I need to wire them in series. I ordered their series connectors to make it all plug and play. My question is with the connectors I would have two sets of batteries in series then connect those two making one. Is that ok? I hope my explanation is clear.
4s+4s=8s
\
16s
/
4s+4s=8s
Is that an acceptable way to make the connection?

If each brick has + on left & - on right, 16s is:
+4s- --- +4s- --- +4s- --- +4s-

You connect the two ends, the leftmost + and rightmost -, to your controller.

I understand that. The each connector I’m getting allows two batteries to be connected in series. I bought three. Two of those connectors create two separate 8s batteries. The third would tie those two together. If I was wiring them on my own I would do what you’re saying. Using the connectors is easier. I just need to know if there are any issues with it.

There'll be no issues as long as your 3 connectors get the polarities right as was shown.

Check your final result with a volt meter before you connect it to anything expensive. Correct voltage and polarity and you're golden.

Whether you need the connector, for some types of plug, or not, as is the case with bullet type plug on the pack, you connect each 4s block to the next one, positive to negative. So its 4s +4s to make 8s, then one more to make 12s, and so on till you have the voltage you want, in this case 16s.

If you are using connectors, then three is what you need. When you finish the 4th pair of wires will remain as + and - of a 16s pack.

Anytime you ask questions, like this case with packs and connectors, it really helps us answer correctly, if you insert a link to the page of what you plan to buy. Otherwise some of us guess what you are getting right, and some guess what you are getting wrong.

Sorry, this is what I have coming from HobbyKing.

4-Multistar High Capacity 10000mAh 4S 12C Multi-Rotor Lipo Pack W/XT90
3-XT90 Battery Harness 10AWG For 2 Packs In Series

Back