72v 24ah vs 72v 63ah?

Zeus99

1 mW
So what's the advantage of 63ah over 24ah? Capacity (distance)? Will 63ah work with below configuration?

SIA72V3000W motor
Sabvoton SVMC72150 (power supply: 48V, 60V ,72V battery , MAX DC current:150A , Max phase current:350A)

So what's the advantage of 63ah over 24ah? Capacity (distance)?
2 to 3 times the weight; 2 1/2 times the distance; greater maximum discharge capacity, depending on the cells used.
Will 63ah work with below configuration?
Possibly. It depends on the cell type being used, assuming you need 150A. The 24Ah pack would need to be comprised of high output cells, like a Samsung 25R (if the pack is going to be made of 18650 cells). That would be 10P, and the cell has a rated output 20A. That would support 200A continuous. 200 cells is a big pack. You can use a lower discharge, higher capacity cell for the 63Ah pack. If you used a 35E cell, you'd need 18P to meet energy requirement, but 19P to meet the 150A discharge; so 380 cells total. The trick is to choose the right cells, that when in parallel can provide the discharge amps that you need, but also store the amount of energy that you need, using the least number of cells. You also have choices between 18650 and 21700 cells, and it may make sense to go with the latter. Lastly, this assumes you are going with lithium ion batteries. If you are comfortable with using Lipo batteries and the higher risk associated with them, then you could put together a configuration that meets the requirements, but with a lot less weight than a 200 cell 18650 pack.
Research the cells since the ratings don't tell the whole story. For instance, I wouldn't build a high discharge pack with 35E cells. Although they can output 8A, per the spec sheet, voltage sags a lot at that level. The 25R would sag a lot less, and the lipos have almost no sag when they are greater than half charged.

Last edited:
2 to 3 times the weight; 2 1/2 times the distance; greater maximum discharge capacity, depending on the cells used.

Possibly. It depends on the cell type being used, assuming you need 150A. The 24Ah pack would need to be comprised of high output cells, like a Samsung 25R (if the pack is going to be made of 18650 cells). That would be 10P, and the cell has a rated output 20A. That would support 200A continuous. 200 cells is a big pack. You can use a lower discharge, higher capacity cell for the 63Ah pack. If you used a 35E cell, you'd need 18P to meet energy requirement, but 19P to meet the 150A discharge; so 380 cells total. The trick is to choose the right cells, that when in parallel can provide the discharge amps that you need, but also store the amount of energy that you need, using the least number of cells. You also have choices between 18650 and 21700 cells, and it may make sense to go with the latter. Lastly, this assumes you are going with lithium ion batteries. If you are comfortable with using Lipo batteries and the higher risk associated with them, then you could put together a configuration that meets the requirements, but with a lot less weight than a 200 cell 18650 pack.
Research the cells since the ratings don't tell the whole story. For instance, I wouldn't build a high discharge pack with 35E cells. Although they can output 8A, per the spec sheet, voltage sags a lot at that level. The 25R would sag a lot less, and the lipos have almost no sag when they are greater than half charged.

Thanks for the reply.

I will most likely buy 72v 63Ah battery already made. I was just wondering if 72v 63Ah would work with my current setup, if I would benefit or have any advantages over 72v 24Ah

Most important what model number and name of cell going into the pack ?
This is the most important part. !
Unknown at the moment. Everywhere I see they just have it listed as 72v 63Ah battery. If I get that info I will post. Thanks

Unknown at the moment. Everywhere I see they just have it listed as 72v 63Ah battery. If I get that info I will post. Thanks
If the cells are brand name, they would describe them prominently in their listing. Otherwise you can virtually guaranty that they are generic Chinese cells.

I agree if there were using a name brand model number cell they'd be proud of it to put in their advertising if not it just generic Chinese cells.

Are there any good web sites where they can build custom battery?

My battery is 13" Length (330mm) x 6" Height (152mm) x 5" Width (127mm)

Are there any good web sites where they can build custom battery?

My battery is 13" Length (330mm) x 6" Height (152mm) x 5" Width (127mm)
The math doesn't work. Those dimensions seem to be too small for a 72V 63Ah battery. Assuming high energy 18650 cells (~360), the volume would be significantly larger.

The math doesn't work. Those dimensions seem to be too small for a 72V 63Ah battery. Assuming high energy 18650 cells (~360), the volume would be significantly larger.
ok, Thanks. So it wouldn't work unless there's high energy cells. I currently have 72v 24Ah battery and that's what those dimensions are.

So if you look at this website, they have option for 72V 63Ah battery and I do have Eagle. So they must be using high energy cells than.

ok, Thanks. So it wouldn't work unless there's high energy cells. I currently have 72v 24Ah battery and that's what those dimensions are.

So if you look at this website, they have option for 72V 63Ah battery and I do have Eagle. So they must be using high energy cells than.

Not necessarily. They don't state the dimensions of the 63Ah pack, but it looks like the frame can support quite a few cells. Looking at the specs page, it looks like you need the big battery to have fun on that bike and I'd probably still have range anxiety.

Not necessarily. They don't state the dimensions of the 63Ah pack, but it looks like the frame can support quite a few cells. Looking at the specs page, it looks like you need the big battery to have fun on that bike and I'd probably still have range anxiety.
On my first ride I didn't know what the range was, but after that on 72 24Ah battery I can do 45 miles (full acceleration occasionally) . If I go easy, I can do 55 miles of range on it. So thats why I'm looking in to 72v 63Ah battery to see if I can get more range out of it. I'm trying to see if I can get it somewhere else, because $2500 that they have it listed is a bit too much for me.

theres a few suppliers on alibaba.com that list for custom battery. i went through the steps with them and they built a 30ah 52v pack out of 50e samsung 21700 cells for me, asked which connectors, bms/ the customer service was amazing, but its a china based company so expect to get it in a month or so; i had to cancel that order because i had a better more accessable deal come to fruition, but they will ask what its for and then if you have any questions about the cells working well you can ask here when you do know before you buy.... that would be my suggestions search alibaba.com for custom battery manufacture. 50e cells do a search and see how much they are individually, cuz they are not cheap. the pack they will build will not be inexpensive either unless you want a hundred batteries built but they will build you whatever you want.

Back