72v PSI leggo - X5304 Chopper

Had to do the walk of shame tonight.... damit.. Blew up the controller ! :twisted:

Last few days i noticed it running rough from a dead stop, still pulled like a raging bull but stuttered on startup.. i should have clued in .

Went to work this morning, went fine.. Left work, got about 200m and following cars at a red light inching forward.. and then it happened... motor lockup. Pushed the beast back to the office and called for rescue. ( Thank god for good neighbors !! )

So i'm installing the Lyen 12 fet controller right now ! :D

Ypedal said:
Had to do the walk of shame tonight.... damit.. Blew up the controller ! :twisted:

Damn reliable these frock motor setups aren't they YPedal MaN <--owed you that one buddy :mrgreen:

Hope the 12 fet works better for you, have you modded it or is it stock jobby?

KiM

Ypedal said:
Hey.. the motor is fine ! :D

hehee...As is mine YPedaL MaN...but it didn't stop you commenting on the reliability
when my belt broke now did it :mrgreen:

Ypedal said:
She's still stock for the moment, need to figure out the color combo for throttle and motor wires, will run it for a while and then beef up the board and bump it up to grin inducing amperage ! :wink:

Are you using the Magura throttle by chance? if so can you please post the wire combo save me some time jigging about testing them myself :)

Best of luck...

KiM

AussieJester said:
Ypedal said:
Hey.. the motor is fine ! :D

hehee...As is mine YPedaL MaN...but it didn't stop you commenting on the reliability
when my belt broke now did it :mrgreen:

Ypedal said:
She's still stock for the moment, need to figure out the color combo for throttle and motor wires, will run it for a while and then beef up the board and bump it up to grin inducing amperage ! :wink:

Are you using the Magura throttle by chance? if so can you please post the wire combo save me some time jigging about testing them myself :)

Best of luck...

KiM

I think if you use a pot throt with these controllers instead of a hall throt ( unmodified controllers ) the wiper of the pot needs to go to another pad on the controller board ( according to the circuit diagram marked SLA).

I shall hit Mr Lyen up when he logs onto MSN and finds out the info needed i guess. If i cant modify the controller or the magura to work i for one wont be using the infineon i ain't using no cheapo throttle after using a magura. I actually nearly ordered a new Castle Creations HV160 off Matt today but held off, shall wait for new motor and put some more time into working the halls sensors out..Cheers again GWhy :)

KiM

Back