8 or 10 poles PAS

hsors

10 mW
Can somebody tell me about the difference in usage between a 8 poles PAS and a 10 pole PAS.
My common sense would tell me that 10 is better than 8 but i may be wrong...
Thanks,
-Henri

Generally the more poles the easier and smoother your Pedelec would start. I bought a 12 pole from BMSBattery but haven't set it up yet with the S12S controller. There are other considerations like whether you have a strain sensor in your bottom bracket. They may be great but can be expensive. Check out ebikes.ca for more information and check with Teklectik about hooking the sensor and the wheel up with a Cycleanalyst for near complete control.
The S12S and other Torque Simulator may also be great and still quite cheap at BMSBattery. I'm using mine with throttle only for now.
otherDoc

Some controllers with single speed PAS have a cadence related power algorithm, so with more magnets you get higher power with less pedalling, but that type of controller is not really suitable for PAS anyway. The ones with LCD/LED panels are much better because you can set the PAS power or speed. With them, I'd be surprised if you could tell the difference between 5 magnets and 12 magnets.

Back