A reasonable man's Saturday night festivities.

I had a relaxing reasonable night on Saturday. :pancake:

Enjoy my friends,
-Luke

[youtube]lWaysralg5I[/youtube]

Wow. Just wow, that looks like a ridiculous amount of fun. Those bikes mostly stock?

Farfle said:
Wow. Just wow, that looks like a ridiculous amount of fun. Those bikes mostly stock?

All the bikew were bone stock. Most had stuff broken on them as well. I rode one that had neither front nor rear brake of any kind working. It was fine, banked corner tracks dont need much for brakes.

You is sloeazz.

Maybe I could get Mom to build a track like this on her land. It would mean dodging deer instead of pumpkins, (Axis deer, steroidal compared to whitetail) but maybe Ma could see her 4 sons who otherwise don't get along with each other (Well, I get along with two of them, they're not talking to each other) out there racing and the sisters could throw the pumpkins. (Yikes, some of them would mean business on two of the boys.)

Yeah, Mr. Physics, you'd probably win if you raced the lot of us. Two of us have owned numerous bikes that those other two wrecked for us.

old-vintage-budweiser-ads-elephant-and-donkey-lets-get-together.jpg

The guys that were hootched up were so smooth and sinewy. Like a noodle laid around the course. The pumpkins, now that was an obstacle in the way of victory.

Well, you do stop being skinny and fast, when you grow up and can afford good food and booze.

But you sure don't stop having fun anyway! No doubt some of those guys know the track better too, and grabbed the fastest bikes first.

What fun you must have had, chunkin punkins! Nitro circus is alive and well in backyards around the world. 8)

Awesome! I liked how most of the guys were rolling pumpkins out like gentlemanly little obstacles...but every so often one bastard would go dodgeball style trying to score a dismount!

ohzee said:
looks like good fun nice video

"put some super glue on it bro"

Superglue would have been merciful. His wife stapled him closed when he got home, no anesthetic or pain meds. She was not a bit upset with him either, she was glad he has a blast. Fantastic wife!

20121028_002703.jpg

20121029_120759.jpg

Well, I hoped to find a material safety data sheet for staples, but there's a COMPANY called Staples that has many a msds for their products, so that didn't work. Is that wife a nurse or someone who would have proper medical staples, or is this just (Gulp) office staples?

Grainger had a page for staples that said "This item does not require msds." But since staples are routinely galvanized steel, maybe a galvanized steel msds will cover it for many.

http://www.plasmet.co.uk/maintainance/sd-galv.pdf

Prolonged contact with sheet protection coatings may lead to skin irritation and rarely, in susceptible cases, may lead to dermatitis.

How to Care for Staples

Staples are special medical tools to keep deep lacerations closed. The staples are made of special metal and are NOT the same as office staples.
•Keep the area completely dry for the first 48 hours after staples are placed.
•You can wash the area AROUND the staple site after the first 48 hours. Use soap and water.
•Dry the area completely, dabbing around the staples.
•Keep the area open to air. There is no need to place a bandage over the staples.
•Clean the area around the staples daily.
•Return to your health care provider when it is time to remove the staples. Your health care provider should have advised you about when to come back to get the stitches removed. If not, contact your health care provider.

stapled at home?!...what a badass!..wifey's a badass too! 8)

they look like regular office staples from here (untrained eye) but that shouldn't matter since you can probably pull them at the first sign of itching. there shouldn't be much stretching back there anyway so I'd carefully pull 'em after a few days and switch to butterflies. pretty sick.

Ypedal said:
gotta be medical staples, a regular stapler would have jamed the metal legs into the skull... not rolled under.. :shock:

Yep, she works as a trauma nurse, and keeps a medical stapler in the med-kit a home.

Back