A2B metro charger

Mikebike

100 W
I have an a2b metro gen 2 that is brand new and never been used.
I want to get it going. I have the original factory charger and the original main battery pack that goes in the tube of the bike. I pulled the battery pack out and it is dead.
Question is: my factory charger has a 3 pin connector from the charger to the connector on the bike but there are only 2 leads from the bike connector to the battery pack itself?
I have read for hours here about these bikes and the changes to them but I dont know what that 3rd wire from my charger is for?
Is the wire necessary to connect to something (bms in battery) for the actual charger itself to work?
A2B charger and port main.jpg

Hello, no you only need the + and - to charger. There is only 2 wires coming out of the charger as well. Mine is the same, the middle plug is unused. The charger will not start if battery voltage is excessively low.

Thank you so much!
Everything I needed to know in less than 1 hour.
I plan on a new battery/cells as I figured these are done. Might get up the courage to do as some others here have done and stuff some lipos in there :flame:
Appreciate you and E.S. big time!

Mikebike said:
I have an a2b metro gen 2 that is brand new and never been used.
I want to get it going. I have the original factory charger and the original main battery pack that goes in the tube of the bike. I pulled the battery pack out and it is dead.

If your battery pack really is new and has also never been used, then the chances are that it has never been charged either?

- Just a thought, but perhaps, providing there are no completely 'dead' cells, it may first be worth trying to coax some volts back into those cells before discarding/replacing them altogether?

One method mentioned elsewhere here for Gen 1 models anyway, is to (refit the frame batt and) apply some gentle charge to the motor power supply leads, thus bypassing the stock BMS, until the standard charger 'registers' enough volts therein to continue the charge till full etc.

Wishing you all the best in getting your wheels turning anyway!

:)

The battery is dead-0 charge. Has been sitting for years in storage.
My plan is to use a new 36volt nominal battery I am building now and put it in the back saddlebags that came with my bike and run a new power lead to the controller.
I dont want to cut the stock connectors at the controller-where the battery wire plugs in. That means I am going to have to find the connector that A2B uses for one side of my battery power lead. Does anyone know what this type of connector is? I attached a photo.

Attachments

• A2B battery connector.jpg
    A2B battery connector.jpg
    45.3 KB · Views: 359
Try a auto parts place.
https://www.delcity.net/store/2-Way-Flat-Connector/p_8873.h_84862.r_IF1003?mkwid=sGlFIIm7H&crid=38094426869&mp_kw=&mp_mt=&gclid=EAIaIQobChMIgpr8iPvd6AIVFqSzCh3f8gkmEAQYBSABEgJQjvD_BwE
2-Way Female Flat Connector
74295_primary_450px.jpg

called SAE bullet

also universal SAE

also "2-way flat molded"

Not great for high duty cycling, Anderson PP, really anything else better, could make up a pigtail adapter if needed.

Also, would not trust much over 10A unless spec'd from a trusted maker, usually generic Chinese.

Found some of the SAE flat connectors with 12 guage wire. That is the same guage wire they used on the stock battery so I am hoping that will be good.
TU for the help!
Waiting for my new battery components to get here so I can build the new battery and see if the bike will run.

Back