A2B Ultra Motor Identification

A bit of rough sounding noise when taking off from a stop is typical using cheapie trapezoidal output controllers. Once you're sold on electric transportation you can buy something more advance and programmable that runs silently and more efficiently that you can tune to your liking.

ok i think i am close to answering my own question.

Upon further review:

1. i tested hall wires near controller using the diode test method in other threads. This prooved 2 hall wires good and one bad.

Upon inspectiona hall wire had gotten loose.

Incidentally bike road the same with or without hall wiring connector so it is definitively in a sensor-less mode.

When i repair the connector with the broken wiring, I'll report back whether learning mode changes from a "reverse with throttle" to an increase speed with throttle as it should..

so bottom line, if your increase throttle during learning mode is reversin wheel direciton....think bad wires to halls or bad halls.

Growling noise under the most load, but not too much is normal. It may have learned right, but still have a poor contact on one of the (usually) 8 wires to the motor, causing stutter.

So what I mean is, if it just growls but runs fairly smooth, normal. if it bucks and makes a ton of noise, you are running, but on only two of the three phases, because of one wire loosely connected.

If running sensorless, then it prefers to roll slightly forward to start. Try starting while just very very slightly rolling back. If running sensorless, it will then try briefly to run backwards, then switch to forwards. Another type of stutter, but it does not continue once its going forward. its like one buck, then it runs forward.

It can be running sensor less, again, because one halls wire is not working. not connected good. Particularly no contact on red or black, will mean the halls are not getting power at all.

Back