about to purchase a sabvoton 72150 controller and had some questions

potna

10 mW
are all these models the same? are there clones? are there things to look out for?

just to give a little back ground, i built my first ebike with a complete kit seller claimed the kit was 3kw, but i had it up to 4.2kw routinely.

my second ebike is being put together one part at a time by me. so while i know some stuff i dont know it all.

i plan to have a top speed of too fast, but plan to cruise all day at about 35mph, and go off road from time to time. this current build is going to be on an old full suspension mountain bike. i have the motor installed and working with a controller i suspect is not a sine wave, but maybe a square wave, as its noisy at not smooth at super low rpms, but i also seem to remember thinking this controller can work but just without the hall sensors, but its less power or something,

i see in the specs of the controller i found on amazon that it has bluetooth and app support, temp sensor input, variable regen braking which i am looking forward to figuring out.

i want to order this controller this week and have it in hand by the weekend, but i am seeing the amazon seller is in china boo!!!!
are there any usa sellers that dont want top dollar for them?

can i ask around here if there are anyone wanting to sell one used here in the USA?

oh and i see some people mentioned these can be unlocked, what does that mean, and how hard is it do it? i have a background in IT and have no problem soldering.

appreciate the feedback

Q.S. in China sells them. And they sell the real thing.
Oh looked it up they sell the 72200 it big brother.
Internet over load. What motor are you running what bike ?

Q.S. in China sells them. And they sell the real thing.
Oh looked it up they sell the 72200 it big brother.
Internet over load. What motor are you running what bike ?
just got back to checking in. i have the qs205 4t v3. the bike is a custom ebike conversions using a 20 year old full suspension mountan bike.
i got my 72150 controller for cheap, like $200 shipped, but it did not come with bluetooth, and i cant find a usb a to usb a cable, so i tried to make my own and windows device manager isnt having it.

i recieved no box or instructions. i want to set this thing up and get back on the road

just got back to checking in. i have the qs205 4t v3. the bike is a custom ebike conversions using a 20 year old full suspension mountan bike.
i got my 72150 controller for cheap, like $200 shipped, but it did not come with bluetooth, and i cant find a usb a to usb a cable, so i tried to make my own and windows device manager isnt having it.

i recieved no box or instructions. i want to set this thing up and get back on the road
You can get the cable from here:

Regular USB cables don't appear to work. You also need to install drivers for Windows to detect the controller.

You can get the cable from here:

Regular USB cables don't appear to work. You also need to install drivers for Windows to detect the controller.
yeah, ordered the cable from the uk. appreciate the help though

i heard some things cant be setup using that usb bluetooth adapter, is that right?

also, i see my controller doesnt have the tft display output, can i used that bluetooth adapter and a phone as a display for speed and heat info?

yeah, ordered the cable from the uk. appreciate the help though

i heard some things cant be setup using that usb bluetooth adapter, is that right?

also, i see my controller doesnt have the tft display output, can i used that bluetooth adapter and a phone as a display for speed and heat info?
I believe when the app first came out, it was missing a lot of settings compared to the desktop app but last time I checked the mobile app had most of the settings (I believe it was missing settings related to cruise control but since your controller has display output, cruise control is not supported on those models so you're not missing out on anything).

The app doesn't have speed readout (only RPM) so you would have to use two apps on your phone, one for speed and the MQCON app for temp. You also can't connect to the bluetooth app with a display plugged in so you can't use a display for speed and the app for temp. What most people do is use display for speed and mount an external temp readout on handlebars that monitors motor/controller temp then you don't have to worry about the app.

Back