Accelerated Systems ASI BAC 4000 & BAC 8000 FOC BT Controllers

Give us some more pictures of that display. Also more inputs would be good, wh/km, amps, volt sag, battery impedance and so on. a good display should have all that by default.
Can you answer my pm please?

I will take more pictures tomorrow.

Display has a clock, odometer, tripmeter, speedometer, Watts, battery voltage or %. Adjustable assist level which can be configurated with the model app. It can show AH (Capacity well). Fully digital color gauges for speedo and watts

These BAC controller are very nice. Plus these are from ASI, a Canadian company 8)

It would be VERY interesting to get every possible adjustment on the screen and get rid of the computer for programming...

The Adaptto platform allow that and even can communicate with the BMS.. ...Well all settings and advance setting and info are availlable thru the display, as well as the Boost converter function to recharge the battery from any power source. I am a big fan of the Adaptto and their innovations, as well these are not perfect and the support is not as good as it should... However these are very advanced and the interface that allow both communication with BMS and controller is awsome!

so... why not have that kind of programming and monitoring possibility on ASI display?

I am one like many here that would be ready to pay extra to have that on the display!!

It make the use and the programming in the field much more easy than to have to cary a laptop with you!!

Doc

You dont even need a display, just use your mobile phone with the BacDoor app via bluetooth. You can change any of your settings there, and monitor everything.

I need a controller :flame:

Why should I get this one (ASI BAC 4000) ? I'm also looking at Kelly and Sabvoton rated at 150A battery current. I want plug and play, so to say. As long as I know what is what I can make it work and crimp my own cables together. (plug and play means, connect usual phase wires and or phase halls, plus ignition on, throttle, three-speed and battery connectors, brake signal switch needed ) (very happy if I can use an app and set foc overspeed values etcetera to make it work with my system))

What is the minimum connections that are "necessary to be connected" for the controller to work its magic on the motor its connected to?

Thanks

Its going to be heart transplanted to a Super Soco TS1200. With a hub motor 17" that I estimated to be 5T( 90v = 65-70km/h, tested from a 24fet 80a foc, jerky start, scrambling controller)

Plug and play, depending on which motor you are using.

I have motor profiles for QS 205, QS273 40H, QS273 50H, MXUS 3K Turbo, EDGE 1500W, 1000W Hub, 750W Hub.

If you are using any of the above motors, It will be plug and play ready to run out of the box. I also have various mid drive motor profiles.

Even if you are not using any of the above motors, my controllers are setup with throttle, variable regen etc and can configure the controller for you prior to shipping it out.

The minimum connections other than battery, phase, halls (optional). Are just throttle and ignition. Everything else is optional like regen brake, 2-mode power switch, reverse, cruise, display, PAS.

Electric Race Technology review:

I've received a BAC4000 controller and it works great. Not out of the box, it did require me to adjust some parameters despite having filled out the customer setup form. Furthermore, I found out that phase current was set to maximum (456 amps) which is higher than I requested and too much for a QS205, the motor indicated on my setup form. Power was set to 16000 watts or ~250 battery amps while I had requested 150. Motor inductance and resistance were totally incorrect, and the temp sensor wasn't setup right. I didn't mind reprogramming the controller and would have done it anyway so this wasn't a problem for me, but it may be relevant to you if you are looking for a no-hassle setup.

Next issue is you don't actually get a login to use the ASI smartphone app, which not only requires login but validates your right to use every few days. At the very best, you would have to request a login from someone else who already has one to use the app, and be at the mercy of their account remaining valid and not getting banned after ASI discovers 2 dozen people are logged in at once from across the country (uhh...).

Next issue is ERT's harness is very low quality with hobby-grade JST connectors and comes with the cheapest possible Chinese shunt which does work but looks very low quality and came with mismatched fastners, a uneven amount of washers and a couple Hanzi. Do you know what those are? When purchasing a expensive controller which itself uses decent waterproof automotive-grade connectors, you expect more. I threw away the ERT harness and used my own.

I needed more controllers (4000 and 8000) but after waiting over a month after ERT said my order would ship before I received it (experience detailed above) there was no way I could make another order from them. I bought instead from ASI and not only did my order ship ONE day after purchase, I get a login to use their smartphone app, the most current version of their PC software as well as an hour of tech support. There is no comparison. Also, I get to make the harness myself which is a major plus since I can use high quality wire and connectors.

The only positive thing I can say about ERT is Alan, the CEO, seems like a nice guy who is very passionate about ebikes. He makes cool youtube videos, and I don't think he's out to be a crook, but the present condition of his business is so unprofessional it's the last place I'd look for a expensive, highly configurable controller. I would consider buying again in the future, but only if they demonstrably turn a new leaf.

FINAL RATINGS:
Controller itself: 9/10
ERT: 1/10

flat tire said:
I needed more controllers (4000 and 8000) but after waiting over a month after ERT said my order would ship before I received it (experience detailed above) there was no way I could make another order from them. I bought instead from ASI and not only did my order ship ONE day after purchase, I get a login to use their smartphone app, the most current version of their PC software as well as an hour of tech support.

I've been waiting a few weeks for a controller from ERT. A week ago I was told to expect the controller in two weeks by Alan so hopefully he comes through. To be fair, he's been more helpful and responsive than ASI. That doesn't say much as ASI's response to my enquiry was "Sorry we don't sell to end users". Initially I considered purchasing the evaluation kit as well but I didn't see $150 USD of value in 1 hour of support and the login.

district9prawn said:
I've been waiting a few weeks for a controller from ERT. A week ago I was told to expect the controller in two weeks by Alan so hopefully he comes through. To be fair, he's been more helpful and responsive than ASI. That doesn't say much as ASI's response to my enquiry was "Sorry we don't sell to end users". Initially I considered purchasing the evaluation kit as well but I didn't see $150 USD of value in 1 hour of support and the login.

Well I bought them using my actual company email, but you can do the same whether you have a company or not. ASI is legit they just don't want to deal with idiots which end users tend to be.

I agree, ERT's price for the BAC4000 is a lot better. Even so, that doesn't excuse the fact that you aren't even "allowed" to use ASI's smartphone app when buying thru ERT. I will pay whatever to ensure that I can whip out my phone and adjust the controller whenever I want without having to worry if I can find someone else to share a login that could get shut down at literally any time.

larsb said:
Are you for real? I would recommend you to look at the first post before asking what the voltage limit is. It's right there before your eyes.

If you cannot find it then i think this controller isn't for you. :D

Yeah the first post does say 90v. But the latest brochure from ASI says 72v 'nominal'; http://accelerated-systems.com/wp-content/uploads/2018/07/ASI_HIGHPOWERcontroller_JUNE2018.pdf

Other folks on here alluded to 20s max. If its 72v "nominal" then I assume 84V is the highest they care anyone to go. I'd like to go 21 or perhaps 22s but could live with 20s.

I simply wanted to verify because of the discrepancy and the obvious importance of this spec, so hold the sass, thanks.

22s explodes (at least on the 4000 model a few years ago at Joby).

21s can be tuned to be stable.

So my MaxE took a dirt nap and I’m looking for a replacement. I’m thinking the BAC 4000 would be the equivalent of what I had and the 8000 way overkill. I have a QS205 3.5T I bought from you guys a couple few years ago. Always thinking about going to a 273 which may or may not happen one day.

What recommendations do you have? Any sales coming up?

Thanks,

Tom

How long does it typically take to get a 4000 from ERT? I ordered mine a month ago and have not heard any updates?

It should come all set up for the stock Sur Ron battery and be ready to plug and play!

It takes a very very long time because the owner of the business is a dishonest buffoon and extremely unprofessional. Alan runs ERT like a hobby he resents not a business. Aside from the very long wait after purchase, you are at the mercy of using his shared login to ASI's app against their TOS to program your controller. The quality of the harness and connectors he supplies is very low. I don't think anyone would order from ERT if they this stuff in advance.

ASI sells to anyone, by the way. You just have to email them from something that looks vaguely like a company email. And they will give a discount on orders after your first since you don't have to get a eval kit with every one.

I have been waiting for almost two months for a A.S.I 8000WATT CONTROLLER and had a family emergency come up my brother was in a bad car wreck so I asked the owner to just refund my money so I could buy A plane ticket to see my brother. And that I would buy a controller after they come in. At first he emailed me back and said that the controller had just so happened to show up the same day that I was asking for a refund. And that he would fill my order or refund my money. So I sent him as n email asking for a refund so I might be able to see my brother. But he sent no refund and stopped replying to all my emails. So I am having to file a case threw PayPal to get my money back never ever do business with this guy he is a crook.

Hmm, if only people had bothered to report the exact same problems months ago in this very thread!

I’m getting no reply from him as well!! At first he was quick and responsive!!! Now after 3 months no reply or update!! Should have just waited for Luna!!

There must be a way to save new parameters? I would assume that updates can also be provided as they fine tune the programming ability and additional features.

I’m still waiting on mine. I am getting updates from him once a month or so saying that I’ll get the controller in a week..?? Nothing mentioned the updates on the battery 72v I ordered shortly after I ordered the ASI 4000...

I’m being optimistic and patient...!!!

Genchichik said:
I'm considering selling my plug and play kit bought from ert

Why are you selling? Is it a performance issue?

Are you not happy with their kit?

Back