Adaptto Mini-E/Max-E Owner's Thread

Bluefang said:
On a side note the bike is working well, cept its a high speed wind cro motor and its barely making it to 85km/h and the controller is getting hot but the motor is staying <50c. I am guessing this is a programing issue? So i have to play with the settings alot more. Its abit weird tho as I used the same settings on my other highspeed cromotor bike with the same batteries and complete setup with no issues of heat or anything.

is it a 18kv 2turn cro? if thats the case it would be normally that you see much higher controller temps.
whats your amp settings?

Madin, yes that would be right. But I do have another bike with the same setup that seems to run abit cooler even in a larger wheel. Lots of playing around with these awesome controllers to get them right :) But its worth it.

Dirtech said:
Anybody know where I can find a replacement R113 resistor?

ebay or any other place that sells smt resistors, I think its just 0402 size from memory and 3.9k

Feast your eyes on the first 14KW Apaptto Max E that is state side....or so I think!

Bow down to the power! :twisted:

Tom

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    66.8 KB · Views: 3,322
Anyone have a copy of the 7C firmware on their computers that they can post or send to my email. Derek.hohmann@gmail.com. I just tried the Adaptto website and they are only showing the latest firmware currently.

litespeed said:
Feast your eyes on the first 14KW Apaptto Max E that is state side....or so I think!

Tom

what are the maximum amps you can set?

madin88 said:
litespeed said:

Tom

what are the maximum amps you can set?

14000W/85V = 165A (85V being the recommanded MAX voltage)

Doc

Bluefang said:
Anyone have a copy of the 7C firmware on their computers that they can post or send to my email. Derek.hohmann@gmail.com. I just tried the Adaptto website and they are only showing the latest firmware currently.

I saved a copy of the RC7b locked Max-E firmware, is that any good to you?

Attachments

• Adaptto Firmware RC7b.zip
    63.8 KB · Views: 77
mmm that there is some power, wonder if this would rip my Mxus 5T to bits :) maybe 20 meters before overheat :)

Thanks stielz :) only problem is my new screen does not like it lol.

Saying that, how does the max-e regulate the speed limit? Even when i change the wheel size to do a max of 20km/h the controller still starts slowing the motor down at a similar speed to before. Does it have a max e-rpm in the locked firmware?

Also i have a goldenmotor little 3kw motor that only spins up to 2/3 max rpm as well. Will unlocking the controller bypass all the safety issues causing me problems? Then i might just blow up the controller but if i keep it fairly tame it should survive

Just Need to tune your settings, problem is that they are so many that you dont know where to start.
Do you have correct pole count(speed ratio)?
No limitations in profile menu?
Angles tuned in in advanced manu?
Wire R PHC - try with on and off
SPD smooth tuned in?
PWM rise lim @00080?

ridethelightning said:
litespeed said:

Tom

awesome!
are we talking 8awg phase wires now ?

Was a little dissapointed when i received mine this week and discovered phase and battery wires are 10awg albeit silicone ones capable of being cooked to 200deg c

Mark

methinks that it isnt going to limit you performance much, just that you will have more losses on that short section of 10G,up to where it joins the 8g you might install yourself.

on opening a controller, it looks like one could very easilly upgrade to 8g where the wires join the board, but its a pity that they diddnt just do it straight up.

I'm trying to get my heat sensor working. The 2 wires from the motor do they both get connected to the one wire from the controller. The motors a 4080. I currently have both wires from the motor connected together and joined to the one wire from the controller.

I've tried all different setting on the controller. The controller sensors working but the motors reading 000 I've tested both temp wires from the motor in ohms and the sensor reads 15 when the motors cold.

Rodney64 said:
I'm trying to get my heat sensor working. The 2 wires from the motor do they both get connected to the one wire from the controller. The motors a 4080. I currently have both wires from the motor connected together and joined to the one wire from the controller.

I've tried all different setting on the controller. The controller sensors working but the motors reading 000 I've tested both temp wires from the motor in ohms and the sensor reads 15 when the motors cold.

Hi Rodney.

the adaptto thermistor is a little resistor-type looking thing that cmes with the controller kit.
I think its usually a kty81 or kty83-

https://encrypted-tbn3.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQwl_CSmEElGZKcwWpxm_2ZV9kNdYHh9hqC4rsDkcxtv4fnaebV8A

one end(doesnt matter which) needs to be soldered to a wire that goes to the adaptto halls plug thermister pin.
the other end needs to be soldered to gnd wire(usually black)which is also the gnd for the hall sensors.

you can hijack the black ground wire anywhere in the motor for this, just splice in a wire and join it to the thermistor.

there are other sensor types of thermistors supported too, but i have not had any dealings with them, 10k etc..
the 4080 stock thermistor may not work with the adaptto. its pretty easy to open the motor and glue in the adaptto thermistor with rtv silicone, in the windings.

Back