Adaptto Mini-E/Max-E Owner's Thread

I have got a really kind answer from Oleg, Adaptto Team. He has send me this picture also which describes where to install the switch. I hope its no problem for Oleg to posting this pic here so others can see it too if they want to... :roll:

DasDouble said:
Hi there, following problem:

I want to be able to turn off the modi switch by a fingerprint-scanner via Arduino-Controller.

To do this I need to know a cut surface or an interface where I can place a switch between to be able to "cut the connection" if I need to.
In the end it will be like this:

-Driver puts his middle finger on finger-scan.
->Switch cuts connection of arrow key.
->Speed-Mode can´t be changed anymore.

(->Cop/policemen can´t change speed mode without the finger of driver.)

Thanks for your help.
~Elias

Attachments

• adaptto Controller.jpg
    adaptto Controller.jpg
    116.7 KB · Views: 1,451
I have a question re controller on/off switch upgrade. there 2 wires, orange/red that are the on/off switch wires installed by adaptto.

i tried to connect them to turn the controller on but was alarmed when i noticed tiny sparks on connection. i measured ~72volts across the tiny wires too :shock: is this normal :?: ?
i thought it was like the old diy red display wire switch of only 5v or so...

DasDouble said:
I have got a really kind answer from Oleg, Adaptto Team. He has send me this picture also which describes where to install the switch. I hope its no problem for Oleg to posting this pic here so others can see it too if they want to... :roll:

DasDouble said:

I want to be able to turn off the modi switch by a fingerprint-scanner via Arduino-Controller.

To do this I need to know a cut surface or an interface where I can place a switch between to be able to "cut the connection" if I need to.

Thanks for your help.
~Elias

Interesting. Let's make a proof of concept. I think a LOT of ebikers in the EU are looking for this functionality.

ridethelightning said:
I have a question re controller on/off switch upgrade. there 2 wires, orange/red that are the on/off switch wires installed by adaptto.

i tried to connect them to turn the controller on but was alarmed when i noticed tiny sparks on connection. i measured ~72volts across the tiny wires too :shock: is this normal :?: ?
i thought it was like the old diy red display wire switch of only 5v or so...

All good, keep sparking =)

Hello Allex,

Do you know or could you confirm if the Max-E is compatible with the QS 205 V3 Extra hub motor?

Boestin said:
GmagNeato said:
Hello Allex,

Do you know or could you confirm if the Max-E is compatible with the QS 205 V3 Extra hub motor?
I think i have this motor. Check my other post. Sorry mobile and lazy here

Hey Boestin. Appreciate the assist. Your other post on this thread?

This one: https://endless-sphere.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=30&t=70159

I managed to squeeze 19,9kw out of it, and 106 km per hour (with maxe + 20s5p Samsung 25r)

Boestin said:

I managed to squeeze 19,9kw out of it, and 106 km per hour (with maxe + 20s5p Samsung 25r)

Wow very nice. Yes I think this is indeed the QS 205/50. 19.9kw with the Max-E?. I see that you replaced the halls. Did you make any other mods for cooling etc (motor a/o controller)?

Boestin said:
DasDouble said:

DasDouble said:

Thanks for your help.
~Elias

Interesting. Let's make a proof of concept. I think a LOT of ebikers in the EU are looking for this functionality.
I will do one but will tell it just via pm because I don't want to let my idea be known by our friends in blue ;). Just have to wait until my battery gets arrived + the other parts.

Boestin said:

Hm hard to tell by your pics if your motor is QS 205 H50 v3, or the QS 205 H50 v3 Extra.
According to the hear say on the forum the plain v3 works well with adaptto - the v3 Extra might not work so well with adaptto.

Would be great if people with better eye sight and bigger screen can spot exactly which version his motor is from his pictures of the internals.

Hey Everyone,

I have a Adaptto max e installed on a friends ebike, and we are experiencing a bizarre problem..

when i set the tire size ratio above 110-120 (i need to set this at 150 to be accurate) .. and the motor poles to 12 -- (x5403 motor)

boost speed works good, as well as normal, however eco.. barley spins the wheel at 5-6km/h

the speed limiters are set to full speed/66kmh/32kmh

if i lower the speed ratio below 120 -- the speed is off but all the modes work!

has anyone had this bizarre problem? can anyone help to resolve this?

thanks
-steveo

steveo said:
Hey Everyone,

I have a Adaptto max e installed on a friends ebike, and we are experiencing a bizarre problem..

when i set the tire size ratio above 110-120 (i need to set this at 150 to be accurate) .. and the motor poles to 12 -- (x5403 motor)

boost speed works good, as well as normal, however eco.. barley spins the wheel at 5-6km/h

if i lower the speed ratio below 120 -- the speed is off but all the modes work!

thanks
-steveo

This ECO profile works for me with 155 speed ratio and 5403 motor:
20160310_112426_1.jpg

Is there anything else that could be causing this issue?

Do i maybe require a firmware upgrade? The controller is the first gen Max E

thanks
-steveo

Hi, The first image of this document shows how to access the different screens.

Attachments

• MENU REFERENCE- Adaptto mini-E and MAX-E Controller-1.pdf
    391.5 KB · Views: 140
fullonoob said:
Is my bms broken?

post a pic of your wiring from you battery to bms..

if you wired this wrong.. you will not have a working bms

i wired a full bms wrong because of shitty diagrams..

-steveo

steveo said:
Hey Everyone,

thanks
-steveo

You can try to experiment with SPD smooth values in the traction setup

Is anyone still successfully using a HP esp120 power supply? I was womdering how many amps people are pulling from it.

Back