Adaptto Mini-E/Max-E Owner's Thread

I didn't have a problem with the mounts, but as I wanted the display to be more protected in case of a crash, I made an adapter out of wood, so that I could mount it on the top tube.

nice job steveo.
perhaps the plastic for the moulding got too hot and therefore brittle with that batch(?)
the clips on all the displays i have mounted have been ok so far. i have noticed other defects though, like screws stripped in the display case not holding the display together properly, and also the way the wires exit the display sometimes the rubber cracks there.
all in all, i hope adaptto makes some improvements in quality of construction for their products.

Hey RTL

The small screws that hold the display together are tiny and the threads are very fine it wouldn't take much to strip the plastic

My domino throttle isn't getting along with my Max-E I cant get auto detect to complete I keep getting interrupted by throttle fault.
Also in the throttle linear setting screen I get the very fast twist fault no matter how slow I twist the throttle.
I will try the 100 ohm resistor fix in the morning.

Thank you to Brooklands for emailing me this drawing
L3VLXQr.png

ozman said:
My domino throttle isn't getting along with my Max-E I cant get auto detect to complete I keep getting interrupted by throttle fault.
Also in the throttle linear setting screen I get the very fast twist fault no matter how slow I twist the throttle.

L3VLXQr.png

Welcome! :)

The symptoms were absolutely the same with my throttle. So I am pretty sure that the resistor will fix your problem.

Altair said:
I didn't have a problem with the mounts, but as I wanted the display to be more protected in case of a crash, I made an adapter out of wood, so that I could mount it on the top tube.

Looks good. I had the same idea to mount the display on the top tube to protect it in case of a crash. But I will use a carbon plate instead of wood :mrgreen: .

brumbrum said:
BCTECH said:
does anyone know the pin assignment of the display connector.
can anyone label which cable goes to 1-4 pin?

View attachment 2

The display connector has four wires..
Brown
Blue
White
Black

If you look on the pin side of the connector each pin is numbered 1,2,3,4

Brown to 1
Blue to 2
White to 4
Black to 3

I am not sure why you have shown a cable with 5 wires and those colours, but the above combinations are what mine are. I know as i just resoldered them.

I hope that helps

so I have received 2 wiring diagrams as below. including brumbrum there are 3
mine has 6 wires but I guess I just cut 2 off
problem is the 3 sources are all different. does anyone know which one is right?
I assume if mix up will burn the screen?

1.jpg
2.jpg

Guys, now i have also a Problem with my throttle :(

After flashing to newest firmware today my Magura throttle did not work anymore. At the same time i found out the hall sensor from my variable e-brake was dead. I left it disconnected because of this.
A dead hall sensor is nothing nothing new and i think is was pure coincidence this happenend at the same time.
the problem with the throttle:
The bar in throttle calibration menu does not move when twisting, but just before full thottle it jumps instant from left to right (like a switch).
I have measured the voltage on the signal wire of the pot and it varies like it should, so everything fine with the pot, the wires etc.

two options:

1) it is a software BUG because it worked before the update
2) it has something to do with "minimum current that must flow between +5V and GND", and the 1mA from a 5k type throttle alone is to little.

brooklands said:
Welcome! :)

The symptoms were absolutely the same with my throttle. So I am pretty sure that the resistor will fix your problem.

the 100Ohm resistor would drain 50mA continuously
one hall sensor takes about 20mA according to specs

Artur said:
brumbrum said:
Thanks Artur, that's reassuring. :)

Also, are you saying that no precharge curcuit/resistor is needed if I use JUST the C63a you provided?

I am a bit confused :?

Absolutely. I am using my bike for more then a year. 99% times I use on/off of the controller, but also c63 when I transport the bike or leave it for a longer period.

can you explain why you would not need a precharge circuit if you use such house brakers?

from what i know they DON'T have precharge function. these are just switchable fuses. two contacts that move together or apart and nothing in there that lowers inrush current.
i cannot understant why Adaptto recommends to use them.

madin88 said:
Artur said:
brumbrum said:
Thanks Artur, that's reassuring. :)

Also, are you saying that no precharge curcuit/resistor is needed if I use JUST the C63a you provided?

I am a bit confused :?

Absolutely. I am using my bike for more then a year. 99% times I use on/off of the controller, but also c63 when I transport the bike or leave it for a longer period.

can you explain why you would not need a precharge circuit if you use such house brakers?

from what i know they DON'T have precharge function. these are just switchable fuses. two contacts that move together or apart and nothing in there that lowers inrush current.
i cannot understant why Adaptto recommends to use them.

+1

Just my 2 cents.

Adaptto offer a controller/BMS and charging coil. One of their primary unique functions is the buck charge capability. What do you need for this function, controller/BMS and the coil. Are you as a prospective buyer thinking, right that's handy lets disconnect/remove all that, bring it into work/house and charge it there as it's going to make life easier for me? No hopefully your not a sadist :).

So why the dickens are you wanting to put a precharge setup on a battery that will only be used when the battery is very rarely removed from the bike? Does this count as a high wear item with a spark once every 6-12 months when you upgrade your battery setup?

Once you've everything hooked up you can more or less forget bout it. Use the 'On/Off' wiring supplied to cycle it on and off and leave everything else alone :). Obviously there will be some people who have 'just' the controller, but wouldn't it be easier for them to have +/- going to the controller and separate +/- going to 'their' charging system again wouldn't need pre-charge unless your in the bad habit of connecting your charger live...

There will be the odd percent who disconnect the battery, remove it from 'mounts,' re-route cabling etc... to charge and they will need pre-charge/anti spark. However they've missed a perfectly viable function that adaptto supply and are working around it.

Artur and his Vector frames have gallons of space for connecting it all up and leaving it alone, so he has a perfectly valid statement for just using the C63 breaker.

Swim upstream and expect help from 'on high' or go with the flow. Don't make more work for yourself :).

ozman said:

L3VLXQr.png

So the resistor thing didn't help.

It turns out the display or the latest firmware is the problem.

I know this because i used the same throttle same contrller same wiring.

I just swapped the display over.

Lucky i had another display sitting here off my other bike that has not had a firmware update.

This bike is now operating perfectly looks like the malfunctioning display will take a trip to Russia or get flashed with an older version of firmware

Good news and bad news but im glad i got my bike going

Wired up Domino today without resistors, just solder the wires together.

Throttle is connected with internal switch for regen:

My firmware version:
DSC06960.jpg

Then we do calibration:
DSC06957.jpg

DSC06958.jpg

Ready to go!
DSC06959.JPG

Allex said:
Wired up Domino today:

Throttle is connected with internal switch for regen:

My firmware version:
View attachment 4

The we do calibration:
View attachment 3

View attachment 2

Ready to go!
View attachment 1
Lol i wish it was that simple it should have been.
I must have a dodgy display .
Whats a new display worth?
The one i have is still in warranty but by the time i send it back to Russia they fix it post it back to Australia I'm probably looking at a 2 month waiting time.

Allex,
Could you please explain the meaning of the different entries in the debug screen on your last pic, and also how it is relevant to the problem of the Domino throttle.

Thanks

Hm can't remember what the cost is, around 100-150USD
I have not flashed this controller yet. The display at startup only shows firmware of the display itself, not the controller firmware :)
Last screen shows throttle curve, you can make it progressive or linear depending on how you twist the throttle during calibration. You can also adjust dead ends of the throttle:
https://endless-sphere.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=61183&start=100#p930933

No, I'm not talking about the throttle progessive curve, you edited your post and changed the order of the pics.
I'm talking about this pic, the debug screen:
file.php

I don't follow you :?
Why did you post it if you don't know what it is?
I thought you were posting that to show that there was no problem with the throttle mapping!

Back