Adaptto Mini-E/Max-E Owner's Thread

Jonboy said:
Well guys I bit the bullet and did a full uninterrupted autodetect....

Success.. thank goodness. So I can confirm that at least one 14Kw Max is talking to a v3 Cro.

Thats just too easy Jon, not fair. I definitely got sent a lemon. You've just rubbed a kilo of salt into my festering wound.

Jonboy said:
I'll get the beers in at the bog after our rides all summer!!! Gutted for you And...
Chin up, back out before you know it.

Cheers mate, i'll be holding you to that lol. I am chomping at the bit to get up in the mountains. I'll let you know when there is some movement with my Russian bound lemon.

Anyone know where i can buy some spares of adaptto like connectors (throttle and halls). I need to replace the throttle cable with a new one! Any ebay items?

Jonboy said:
Well guys I bit the bullet and did a full uninterrupted autodetect....

Success.. thank goodness. So I can confirm that at least one 14Kw Max is talking to a v3 Cro.

I don't understand, I have two cromotor v3's and they never had one issue with autodetect? I've run autodetect on them probably over 20 times already without an issue.

Am I missing something here?

http://www.ebay.com/itm/171430256982?_trksid=p2060353.m2749.l2649&ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT

I received 3 of the above hall connectors this week and confirmed last night it mates correctly with what adappto sent uses.

brumbrum said:
Jonboy said:
ccmdr said:
Dibul - Brum has had very similar issues and that also includes most of us with the 'original' Cro V3 (not QS).

I'd highly suggest as with others thinking of using 'Cromotor V3' with an Adaptto product to:

A) Check the halls are actually soldered inside the Cromotor (heatshrink will hide cables loosely wrapped around eachother...).
B) Only do a semi autodetect i.e just get the phase sequence sorted (first 5-10 seconds) then do a complete manual setup as explained in the manual.

If you don't, it's very likely you'll be sending your Adaptto back and although it's a quick turn around/fix from the guys at Adaptto it'll extend your project time by 2-3 weeks.

Once it's all setup the grin factor is amazing, but try to take the 'easy' autodetect route and you'll likely be cussing as the motor spins out of control then abruptly stops...

If you've already experienced the abrupt stop in autodetect I'd be looking at sending it back if it's still under warrenty, otherwise start looking up the resistor replacement :).

I'm very soon due to set up my lads raptor with a max e / cro v3 combo I'm a bit bricking it as I'm aware of what Brum has gone through. I'm temped to open it up and check it out first... Then maybe do the 5-10 second autodetect to get the halls to play then Give Brum a bell to come and manual setup for me... ;)

Hiya Jon, yes, i am definitely going to be doing a manual setup when my maxe returns. I have been gathering together tips and tricks from the manual and from others on the ES forum. Since having my brief play manually setting up my cro (before sending the controller off to Russia) i am feeling quite confident about fine tuning it.
It is looking like a long wait for me, parcelforce have posted up a message on their website about major delays for all packages to Russia due to custom clearance problems by the Russian authorities. According to my tracking details it is yet still to arrive in Russia/Moscow :cry:

thats why i call it parcel farce :lol:

ohzee said:
http://www.ebay.com/itm/171430256982?_trksid=p2060353.m2749.l2649&ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT

I received 3 of the above hall connectors this week and confirmed last night it mates correctly with what adappto sent uses.

Thank you! And the 4 pin connector for the throttle?

Why the dickens has this Crov3 issue effected some and not others, now I'm envious. Soo damn tempting to try Autodetect again, 'just to see'...

If it weren't for the fact all of the unfortunate peeps getting similar failures, the tinker inside would want to test manual tune vs autodetect settings :).

I'm guessing Jonboy, Offroader, ridethelightening you guys literally only had to input the battery settings check motor rotation direction with mini 'Autodetect' and Adaptto runs all the way through no issue's? No faffing with top speed limiting? No random high speed stops? No locking the rear up for 10 seconds then releasing to clear random !halls1! errors?

Also, Jonboy, ridethelightening & Offroader what settings did you get in the end after Autodetect?

I've seen RTL's settings on page 105 along with mine, it'd be interesting to see the slight variations, maybe hall angles are marginally different etc... Not sure if it's better in Adaptto or the CroV3 thread or maybe both :)?

@ Brooklands - Thats a SD card error, try another card. They are quite specific on which make/size cards works. Had two knocking around, first didn't work, second worked every 1-3 attempts. Obviously make sure it writes a couple times before flashing the firmware, wouldn't want to have a bricked controller whilst waiting for a 'new compatible' SD card :).

This is the email received from oleg today:

Hello Oleg,
my packet is on the way. I have two questions for you:
1) Why does the resistor keep breaking?
2) Is it possible to replace this resistor with another one so as to not have this problem anymore?
Let me know when the controller arrives at your address and when you will send it back to me!
All the best!
Andrea

Dear Andrea,

1) I have already written before: " In fact this is strange since you've told us that your motor is brand new, however lots of cases are known when motors are faulty right from the very beginning (mostly because of production failures)."

In other words R113 resistor serves as a protection of controller against shorts in the motor. Without this protection the controller would actually totally burn anytime the motor generates short circuits.
There are many different reasons for appearing of shorts in the motor. For instance, faulty windings, bad assebly quality, wire distortions or shorts on the frame.

2)In any case the resistor is replaced every time for a new one in case of burning BUT if the problems with motor are not solved - this problem 100% appears again as soon as you start riding with that motor.

I'll contact you as soon as your controller is ready from the repair.

I burnt my r113 resistor twice. Both shorts, one with temp gauge into phase, other I forgot.

What I don't understand is why didn't adaptto put an easily accessible fuse someplace. They must have wasted so much money in return shipping for something that we could have replaced.

I personally replaced mine the 2nd time, it wasn't the easiest thing to do but well worth the expensive shipping.

I have since made my motor wires much more secure around the bend when they come out of the motor so I don't intend to blow another one.

I am yet to find out what went in mine with the 'puff of smoke' incident. Cost me £50gbp to send to Russia on a controller i had not even had the pleasure to use. Feeling pretty burned at present. My motor was working perfect beforehand with an 18fet lyen controller. :evil:

Offroader said:
I burnt my r113 resistor twice. Both shorts, one with temp gauge into phase, other I forgot.

What I don't understand is why didn't adaptto put an easily accessible fuse someplace. They must have wasted so much money in return shipping for something that we could have replaced.

I personally replaced mine the 2nd time, it wasn't the easiest thing to do but well worth the expensive shipping.

I have since made my motor wires much more secure around the bend when they come out of the motor so I don't intend to blow another one.

It would not be possible to solder two wires instead of the resistor 113 and then use a non SMD resistor soldered on the wires?

bigbore said:
Offroader said:

It would not be possible to solder two wires instead of the resistor 113 and then use a non SMD resistor soldered on the wires?

Yes you could do that, I see no reason why not. I actually soldered in place a big resistor temporary until I got my SMD resistors. I used a small 24 gauge wire soldered to the board to connect the resistor. This wouldn't give me protection in another short but it made the controller work.

Dibul said:
ohzee said:

Thank you! And the 4 pin connector for the throttle?

Sorry Dibul I never purchased anything for that. I have multiple motors so that was my reasoning for using those plugs.

GL

Only difference between my bike n my lads is he has the newer 14kw controller. Auto work fine with lil crystalyte first then cro on both builds. Very frustrating for u guys... I've had a good look over brums bike .. two heads better than one & all.. its spot on, Andys on it...!

ccmdr said:
Why the dickens has this Crov3 issue effected some and not others, now I'm envious. Soo damn tempting to try Autodetect again, 'just to see'...

If it weren't for the fact all of the unfortunate peeps getting similar failures, the tinker inside would want to test manual tune vs autodetect settings :).

I'm guessing Jonboy, Offroader, ridethelightening you guys literally only had to input the battery settings check motor rotation direction with mini 'Autodetect' and Adaptto runs all the way through no issue's? No faffing with top speed limiting? No random high speed stops? No locking the rear up for 10 seconds then releasing to clear random !halls1! errors?

Also, Jonboy, ridethelightening & Offroader what settings did you get in the end after Autodetect?

I've seen RTL's settings on page 105 along with mine, it'd be interesting to see the slight variations, maybe hall angles are marginally different etc... Not sure if it's better in Adaptto or the CroV3 thread or

maybe both :)?

@ Brooklands - Thats a SD card error, try another card. They are quite specific on which make/size cards works. Had two knocking around, first didn't work, second worked every 1-3 attempts. Obviously make sure it writes a couple times before flashing the firmware, wouldn't want to have a bricked controller whilst waiting for a 'new compatible' SD card :).

Hello guys!

I have a new brand Max-E that arrives with 2R2 resistor broken but now Arthur told me that i have lost all warranty because i changed the 7-pin conector for another that comes

with the QS205 V3.

that seems normal?

gabriel83 said:
Hello everyone!

What means "Halls error 2" when i do the autodetect? I have a QS205 V3.

thanks in advance!

gabriel83 said:
Hello guys!

I have a new brand Max-E that arrives with 2R2 resistor broken but now Arthur told me that i have lost all warranty because i changed the 7-pin conector for another that comes

with the QS205 V3.

that seems normal?

gabriel83 said:
Hello everyone!

What means "Halls error 2" when i do the autodetect? I have a QS205 V3.

thanks in advance!

I bought mine from Artur/Vectorbikes and it blew up on the first autodetect. I went to him for help and he began asking for photos of my setup as if i did something wrong, so i just by passed his awkwardness and went straight to Adaptto. I doubt i will be buying from him again.

gabriel83 said:
Hello guys!

with the QS205 V3.

that seems normal?

brumbrum said:
I bought mine from Artur/Vectorbikes and it blew up on the first autodetect. I went to him for help and he began asking for photos of my setup as if i did something wrong, so i just by passed his awkwardness and went straight to Adaptto. I doubt i will be buying from him again.

I personally had to deal with two warranty cases when buying things from Artur, and to sum up i can say that it was really annoying because at first i wasted lots of time writing messages, taking photos (to describe the problem), and in the end i got NOTHING replaced.
However it weren't Adaptto parts. There was a problem with the shape of a Vector frame because of poor welding quality, and second case was a set of Sidecovers which got bent because of improper packaging.

All my Adaptto controllers i have purchased directly from Adaptto (there was no europe dealer that time), but in future i will buy the stuff from Allex. He's a nice guy!

Back