Adaptto Mini-E/Max-E Owner's Thread

DasDouble said:
Allex said:
Merlin said:
ohhh myyy god.....there comes another Vector/Adaptto Fire *LOL :shock:

Yes, just so we are clear here. He should absolutely not use Eaton with his 12s battery. This will destroy the battery, can destroy the controller and worst case there will be a battery fire when the cells gets over charged at 4,6V each!

No, it doesn't. Because I am watching the battery voltage. The current says it is 36 Ampere I have a 12s 15 P battery Samsung 30 Q cell inside. Every single cell is 3.45 ampere hours. That means that I have a bettery with 51 A hours. A current of 36 ampere hours means that it has nearly 0.72c rate. = No fire as as long as it stays under 4.2v

As Allex states, you are misinformed. The 30Q is a 3ah cell, your battery is 45ah. Why on earth did you choose such an ill advised battery configuration? You would have been substantially better off with a 20s9p configuration with the exact same number of cells.

You have built something which *will* catch fire if you leave it unattended or are distracted for even a short period of time, this is insanity. There's a good reason all of the documentation for the controller states power supply voltage must be lower than battery.

I don't charge it like this permanently. Originally I have a setup of 20s 15p. But at the moment I have only finished 3 60 cell packs with 4s15p of 5 finally. This is why I have such setup. Today I will start making my 2 last 60 cell packs with each 4s, 15p. All in all will my battery be a 300 cell pack :)

DasDouble said:
I don't charge it like this permanently. Originally I have a setup of 20s 15p. But at the moment I have only finished 3 60 cell packs with 4s15p of 5 finally. This is why I have such setup. Today I will start making my 2 last 60 cell packs with each 4s, 15p. All in all will my battery be a 300 cell pack :)

didn't you believe that set current (10A) will flow into the battery and you did wonder why the wires got so hot (because maximum current was flowing).
fortunately you did ask the community before there was a fire.

btw: when using a half finished battery even a few cycles, those groups will never be equal to the ones you add later. that means, you will always see a drift on the finished battery.

Thanks for the info so far. I have now charged and discharged the 3 already finished packs about 5-7 times. Do you think this will play a role that much? :O

DasDouble said:
Thanks for the info so far. I have now charged and discharged the 3 already finished packs about 5-7 times. Do you think this will play a role that much? :O
time will tell, though i'm afriad that you will notice it in the way, the more you discharge the finished battery, the higher the voltage difference will become.
keep us posted

My adaptto Max-e died tonight. No reason whats so ever. I charged it up and left it to balance, came back to check and found the display off and now no power. What a pile of total and utter pants.

I will be sending it off to Russia AGAIN after sending it back a few months ago after it arrived DOA from Artur at Vectorbikes. How many of these do you have to buy to end up with one reliable usable bike?

It took two months last time to get back. What a load of bullshit.

Perhaps someone can help me with an issue I am having...
This is my first Adaptto build and it seems Im having a bit of trouble with my Max-E
My battery capacity just doesn't make any sense to me. I am running a 86v 18ah 60a pack and after entering all my info and return to display screen it has my pack at only 41% capacity and shuts down after a low battery warning comes up 5 minutes on a fully charged pack...
I have my values as such... BattAH- 18.0AH
BattWH- 01545
DisChargCut- 70V
HVCut- 92.2
Can someone confirm these as correct values?
Thanks

Taking a guess but did u do a reset so stats start over?

I think it's "reset and full charge" on one of the screens.

Adaptto calculates the s.o.c. based on the consumed or added Ah (or Wh?) based on the current flow over the shunt (the negative charge input connector which is the Female XT150).
This means, it doesn't calculate s.o.c. based on voltage curve (like the Cycle Analyst does for instance), which needs some special understanding.

When you first use the device, you should enter all your battery values (like you did already) and than fully charge your battery.
than do a "set full charge". Now it should show 100% s.o.c.

The problem is, if you are bulk charging your battery with an independent battery charger (not via controller), you need to route the charger negative over the adaptto negative charge input and you need to have the device turned on during charge.
If the device is turned off during bulk charging, the controller won't realize the added charge and the s.o.c. will no more be accurrate.

Thanks Drew I believe I did what one would consider a reset through Advanced Options... I didn't see anything pertaining to full charge though. This was the same thing that someone else had mentioned in a separate thread. BrumBrum had also advised me of this thread and said I may have better luck by asking actual Adaptto owners who may have experienced these same oddities themselves.... I agreed... On my CA all I do is hold the the right arrow and reset complete... Is there a quick reset that I am not aware of?

Thanks Madin88, Now this makes some sense. I am bulk charging as I have been with my CA. I have also been removing the battery when I charge because at present I am running throught moderate build tests. I also have two of these packs that I was planning to parallel in the system and just wanted to try the system on a single pack. I opted out of the BMS because the packs I have are still under warranty. Any change in the design voids the pack and these little blue block cost me a small fortune. I figured I could do the same as on my CA controller and I hadn't adapted the internal charging system. There was only one ground lead running back to the controller so I just figured I could omit it and charge externally.

Attachments

• IMG_0414-2.JPG
    IMG_0414-2.JPG
    58.7 KB · Views: 3,963
To reset statistics... From the main screen press right and then up. This will allow you to set the battery monitor to 100% by selecting 'reset and full charge' when your battery is full charged.

Hey guy's,

So my new Mini-E has been working great, but the other day I tried plugging in my phone to charge for the first time, and I can't seem to get any power from the USB.
On my last Mini-E the USB output just worked out of the box. I can't find any options in the menu to turn it on/off.

Has anyone else had problems getting power from the USB output on one of the newer Adapttos?

Cheers

open the display case and check for broken wires or solder joints at the pcb. I have noticed the wires on usb connector are very fine and prone to breakage, particularly where they exit the display.
cheers.

ridethelightning said:
open the display case and check for broken wires or solder joints at the pcb. I have noticed the wires on usb connector are very fine and prone to breakage, particularly where they exit the display.
cheers.
yeap, there should be the problem right there. :pancake:

ridethelightning said:
cheers.

Yep, mine snapped at the entrance to the display due to the continued bobbing of the loose usb plug

Hello guys,
I have a problem with regen :cry:
I have redone the hole bike and now i dont know why regen does not work. I thought it could be a bad conection but adaptto detects it cause i can calibrate it with no problem. It seems like is not activated or something similar cause then when i am ussing the bike it does not work.
I have checked the amps and tried from 20-80 and nothing happens...
What i am missing?
[youtube]U1J4EeBsoqs[/youtube]

How fast have you been when trying the regen? I see you have mInimum speed set to 3, this equates to 30mph or 30kph depending on your settings

chucho said:
Hello guys,
I have redone the hole bike and now i dont know why regen does not work. I thought it could be a bad conection but adaptto detects it cause i can calibrate it with no problem. It seems like is not activated or something similar cause then when i am ussing the bike it does not work.
What i am missing?

so you got your adaptto back?

brumbrum said:
How fast have you been when trying the regen? I see you have mInimum speed set to 3, this equates to 30mph or 30kph depending on your settings

It was hcv limit that chaged with the reset.
BCTECH said:
chucho said:
Hello guys,
What i am missing?

so you got your adaptto back?

This controler did go anywere... still waiting for adaptto answer :wink:

Hi guys
Several years ago (2014 I think) I bought instrumented Cromotor V2 with CA V3 from Methods and it's still working great at 10kw:). Now I changed controller for adaptto max-e (zombiess infineon 24fet previously) and all is fine, motor was autodetected no problem but I can't figure out how to wire/set up motor temp sensor,
Here is link to adaptto wiring
http://adaptto.com/MANUALS/Adaptto-User-Manual-Supplement.pdf

Methods used purple and white thin wires coming out from motor (it has split in 2 groups: 1st set was just halls, positive and ground, 2nd set supposedly spare hall wires. methods used 2 from the spares: white and purple) to connect temp sensor to CA V3. My guess was purple wire was temp signal and white was ground. So I soldered purple wire to adaptto temp connector and connected white to black (ground). But nothing shows up, temp display still shows 0 degrees. I tried also other way around: white to adaptto temp connector and purple to black (ground), then tried just connecting purple alone to adaptto, then just white alone, but same result... With each wiring option I tried to select at controller settings all types of temp sensores, but no luck.
Does someone know what type of temp sensor Methods installed on those motors? I haven't gone for a ride yet, I wanted to get everything right first so not to burn the motor... I really can't wait to try out the boost mode at 150 battery amps and ovs at 4 which would give me around 90 km/h or so, ovs setting actually was one of the main reasons I changed to adaptto because sometimes I needed higher top speed. wihout ovs and 22s li-ion it was 72 km/h.
I'd really appreciate your help, thanks:)

Quokka said:
Read page 9 of this thread for cro temp setups
thanks quokka, it really was on page 9, as this thread has more then 150 pages I hadn't found it yet. Below 28ºC it shows 0ºC on display, but after 28ºC up it works just fine wired like I allready it.

Just got my maxe back from Russia and is now back up and running. 'Logics pcb' repair after the controller suddenly went dead after a few weeks of getting intermittent 'protect' showing on start up . Adaptto also updated the firmware from V.1.RC9G3 to the v1-RC9G4 and bike is running faster with with OVS than it used to. Just ovs set to 1 has significant higher top speed with a difference of around 60kph and 80kph. I have not tried higher OVS yet, i need a longer quiet road and and dry weather.

The New(er) Max-E has in their LOCKED Version also less Battery and Phase amps.
at the weekend we finished another Bike and his Max-E is locked to 175A and Phase is ging only to 360A
So if you going 20s you have ~2000w less Power and abit less Phase from dead stop.

we had only a few hours outdoor and most of them was offroad and not (max)speed related. so no comparing in acceleration or stuff like that.
Just for your Information :D

Back