Add on T0247 water cooling upgrade board for a 12 FET

Ok, this project is officially back from the shelf. Started building up the board and test fitting everything tonight. Been too long since I worked on this, it was supposed to be done months ago.

So here are my latest progress pics. Controller circuit board is populated, need to solder all the components on the add on board and make a few jumper connections. I do wish I would have made larger holes for 8 gauge phase wires but I'll see what I can squeeze out of this, might be stuck at 10 gauge.

If this works I'll step up my game a bit and go to a separate driver board and probably build a 12FET 200V driver stage using IXYS IXFK230N20T TO-263 FETs on a large aluminum heat sink block and see how it does. Will require a whole new circuit board design but 12 of these 200V FETs should make for a monster controller in a small package. I'll eventually move on to my 36 FET water cooled setup but I want to test this first. I'm liking the specs on the IXFK230N20T FETs, they can handle lots of power and have a low RDSon. A 12 FET version might be good for a 36-42S setup with the 9.3kV Hubzilla with the IYXS FETs if I can find a place to put 6 more batteries. This one is going to be limited to 126V max on my 30S pack.

For now I'm sticking with the TO-247 FETs in these pictures are IRFP4568s. Just need to install some matched pairs and connect all the wires and and then give it a test.

wc14.jpg

wc15.jpg

wc16.jpg

I actually have a 3rd 200V 330uF cap that fits in the middle. I might even be able to add a 3rd polypropylene cap underneath the board, but I'm not sure yet.
wc17.jpg

Any updates on this zombies? Did you do a version for the 18fet? I'd be very interested in one for the 18fet. My controller cooks inside the triangle!

Back