Added suspension, FS custom cruiser

It goes from 0 to 50 kph in 2 seconds, gotta lean forward to keep the front wheel on the road, nice !

Don't get the wrong idea about that though, I always ride at sub 20 kph around pedestrians.

I made the new side covers from 1mm alum propeller plate. Got it from bunnings for $75 .

Being the first time I've ever used an angle grinder to cut such long edges made me pretty nervous, but they actually turned out ok, could have been better.
Just don't zoom in to close on 'em and it's all good. :Dside covers.jpg

"Edit" Achtung Baby, do NOT use an angle grinder without it's guard attached at home please. EVER.

It got in the way of where I could see to cut, so if you absolutely "have to" then make sure you have a dry run with no power and are totally alcohol and drug free. Like I was at the time. Keep your self preservation first and foremost in mind and your hands back!

For those not up to speed Queensland is famous for "BIG" things ( pineapples bananas etc )

Is that the Big Girl?
Or the Big Girls Blouse? :wink:

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    86.4 KB · Views: 3,180
Yeah, the city council sure do spend people's money on some weird shit around these parts. I've no idea what it's supposed to represent. Just sort of went up overnight, overlooking the water. It does seems popular with tourists kids though.

your bike makes the Palazzo Versace and the cars look 2nd rate. 2 toyota's and a honda accordion outside what's supposed to be a classy joint.
I wonder if that's the look they're going for, did they forget about giving the vines a trim?

Attachments

• file.php.jpg
    file.php.jpg
    132.6 KB · Views: 3,114
Just a few more pics of the restoration. Had to re-connect nearly every wire on the controller, you can't see most of the joins in this pic. thought I'd add a couple of screw tight grommets, works pretty well.re-wired.JPGEB318.JPG

Finally got a small bottle of argon and welded the broken dyno frame back together, it's always been a good comfortable workhorse IMG_1224.JPGIMG_1225.JPG

It's got an old HT35something or other on now in a 24", just need to be able to afford some multistar's lipoly's and it will be a goer. Woo-Hoo

Won't be long. I hope!

Scored an old beer company promotional bike recently for 50 bucks, thought I'd take a shot at getting it going again.View attachment 1

The battery that i've just put on it is a 48V 20AH samsung Li-Ion that I got free because of a blown BMS, seems tiny sitting there under the seat for 20 AH's.IMG_1223.JPG

It actually seems to pull pretty hard, similar to a mac motor i reckon but we'll just have to see how long the old gears work for before self destructing.

If that's a goer Matt we'll have to go for a spin out-bush soon. How much power does it suck?

IMG_20221011_172030.jpgIMG_20221011_172127.jpg Still going nearly ten years, had to replace the rear rim 2 years ago. Down to a less finicky/freaky/dangerous 4kw these days with just a li-ion battery. Been through countless brake pads, rotors, so a bit heavy to stop. Don't actually ride it much anymore but can't bring myself to sell it for some reason.

My daily ride is this modified 650b Diamondback with mac motor @ 54v and a custom stainless steel box, turns out less is more sometimes. Love it!
My dog Bronnie passed away and broke my heart but introducing Asti or Astro (from the Jetsons), or shithead, depending on what he's done lately, answers to them all, another rescue Lab/Rottweiler cross who is 1 year old yesterday. Digs a lot of holes, a lot of holes.

Attachments

• IMG_20221011_172343.jpg
    IMG_20221011_172343.jpg
    4.8 MB · Views: 244
thewmatusmoloki said:
Don't actually ride it much anymore but can't bring myself to sell it for some reason.
Having a hot spare in good tune ready to go is not a bad idea for mission critical items. :D

For 10 years now, I have been working with multiple Ebike companies as a mechanic /design engineer earning a pretty ok wage. Just wanted to come back and thank the ES members that helped me achieve this, which is all of you! Cheers you geniuses you.

Back