alternative battery options

branson.cz

100 mW
i’ve been looking around and found these 40ah 44v samsung ev modules. they can do 150a each and i was thinking about picking up 2 and wiring them in series with my own bms, but that would only put out 150a. is there any other ev cells or similar that can do 300a+? i need something around 72v and the bigger ah the better. i do not mind buying a few modules, and my budget is around $1500~ Samsung EV Lithium Ion 12s 44.4v 47ah 2.07kWh Module |...

It looks like that page is just a link to Battery Hookup, where they are no longer available. If I'm wrong and you have found those modules, post an updated link, I would love to get some as well. I've seen multiple posts featuring those modules, they seem to hold up well.

If 2 in series isn't enough amperage for you, why not 4 @ 2p2s? The balance connections across the 2p packs might be a pain, but it'd be doable.

i’ve been looking around and found these 40ah 44v samsung ev modules. they can do 150a each and i was thinking about picking up 2 and wiring them in series with my own bms, but that would only put out 150a. is there any other ev cells or similar that can do 300a+? i need something around 72v and the bigger ah the better. Samsung EV Lithium Ion 12s 44.4v 47ah 2.07kWh Module |...

It looks like that page is just a link to Battery Hookup, where they are no longer available. If I'm wrong and you have found those modules, post an updated link, I would love to get some as well. I've seen multiple posts featuring those modules, they seem to hold up well.

If 2 in series isn't enough amperage for you, why not 4 @ 2p2s? The balance connections across the 2p packs might be a pain, but it'd be doable.
i cant find them for sale at the moment, but im still looking. i was thinking about 2s2p but im not sure if i would have the space to mount all of those. i’m also curious on what bms i could run, im assuming nothing like a ant or daly?

do you know of any that would work? i’ve never really looked into those.
Skim through that thread. The gist is, you use any bms you want that works with your nominal voltage. And you use it to open and close a contractor, which takes the current path instead of the bms itself.

also what would the specs be on 4 of those modules, i thought about it and im assuming its 88v, 300a, and 94ah. please correct me if im wrong. 2s2p btw
Yes, but as mentioned earlier, they're out of stock. So don't count your chickens too early

Skim through that thread. The gist is, you use any bms you want that works with your nominal voltage. And you use it to open and close a contractor, which takes the current path instead of the bms itself.

Yes, but as mentioned earlier, they're out of stock. So don't count your chickens too early
maybe i can find some better cells? i’ll keep my eyes open to see if i can find something better. any ideas?

I just check Battery Hookup a couple times a week and wait for something good. Patience.
i did find these awhile back, seem very good for the money and to be a okayish cell from what i’ve read. i talked to somebody to built a battery with these and he said to only run the cells at 20a not the rated 30a, supposedly they overheat easily.

Back