Alternative Display and Controller for NCM (DAS-KIT)

AbbyMoffli

1 µW
Wanting to increase the PAS Max speed on my NCM bike I be quite satisfied with around 30-35kmh it currently 25kmh
The Das-Kit system appears to be complete locked down so I'm considering if Sourcing a alternate KT display and controller that would plug and play with the current hub motor
-There is a Das-Kit Display that allows for adjustment but its quite expensive

Would this be a possibility ? Anyone else done this on a Das-Kit equipped bike?

AbbyMoffli said:
Wanting to increase the PAS Max speed on my NCM bike I be quite satisfied with around 30-35kmh it currently 25kmh
The Das-Kit system appears to be complete locked down so I'm considering if Sourcing a alternate KT display and controller that would plug and play with the current hub motor
-There is a Das-Kit Display that allows for adjustment but its quite expensive

Would this be a possibility ? Anyone else done this on a Das-Kit equipped bike?
Is this the "das-kit" company you used?
http://das-kit.com/
If so, which of their kits do you have? Especially which wheel/motor?

What battery do you have? (voltage, capacity, continuous amps capability, peak amps capability, etc)

What kind of terrain, wind/weather, and riding conditions / style (stop/start traffic, open road, etc) do you need to maintain 35kmh under?

Other than the motor connector, it is likely that any typical brushless controller will work with it. Most wont' have compatible connectors, but if you're willing to cut the last foot or more of the cable off your existing controller, you can splice them together after a bit of wire-tracing to figure out which wires do what.

Whether any particular controller will do what you want it to and give you the power needed to get the speed you want without overheating the motor and/or overstraining depends on the conditions, and on the motor and battery's ability to handle that. Most likely that will be fine, too...but need more info to be more sure.

Thanks for the Reply it was a complete bike https://ncmbikes.com/produkt/ncm-venice-plus
I have read the Das-kit had the connections off shelf component made non standard
So that and given how unsatisfactory the bike as been with other issues over all I have now returned it
I will research some more and find a bike that's more suitable to my needs next time

Back