• Howdy! we're looking for donations to finish custom knowledgebase software for this forum. Please see our Funding drive thread

Alternative to Logview

bcwrench

1 mW
I was wondering if there is an alternative program for viewing the log files from my CellLogs.

The logview program will not function on my laptop. I have installed the latest version (2.7.4.485) and also installed & subsequently removed the latest USD driver. I have removed my CBA, Logworks, Kelly controls & Wintec4 programs which use a COM port. I install Logview and it goes through the configuration process (I have selected ports 1 thru 8 ) and when it launches it displays a message of no COM port. When I go to device and the selection box opens up, for every device listed there no ports serial or USB are listed. I give up.

Tom

Do you get that typical successful sound ("deewwdeep!") when you connect the device to the PC?

Does it work on another computer?

I got my cell logs 8s working this morning. The driver installed no probs however so if that is your issue i cant really help, however something i was stuck on for ages was after connection (you can see the little green con icon by rx and tc at the bottom of logview)
I couldnt get the cell log to communicate ie send and receive until...

i held the middle button down for a few seconds which turning logging on. then it will work.

Mine worked under vbox win32 and win7 64bit. I tried it under both cause at first i thought the 64bit drivers werent working, turns out they were.

hope this helps.

bearing said:
Do you get that typical successful sound ("deewwdeep!") when you connect the device to the PC?

Does it work on another computer?

I have no other laptops I can try it on at this point. I receive no indicators when the device is connected.

Hoping to get the bugs worked out so I don't damage my new set of Winstons.

whereswally606 said:
I got my cell logs 8s working this morning. The driver installed no probs however so if that is your issue i cant really help, however something i was stuck on for ages was after connection (you can see the little green con icon by rx and tc at the bottom of logview)
I couldnt get the cell log to communicate ie send and receive until...

i held the middle button down for a few seconds which turning logging on. then it will work.

Mine worked under vbox win32 and win7 64bit. I tried it under both cause at first i thought the 64bit drivers werent working, turns out they were.

hope this helps.

I'll give that a try once the weather gets a little warmer and I've got my cruise control dialed in and LVC configured with my old cells.

The install of the program is flawless. Duriing setup when it asks for port configuration I tried all 8 ports, one at a time and the was never a glitch.

bcwrench said:
I receive no indicators when the device is connected.

There are two variants of Cell-log. One of them doesn't have the USB feature. (USB port is only for power on that one, I think.) Are you sure you have the one that can send data through USB?

Windows will indicate if a connected USB device is not working. If Windows doesn't react at all, then the data lines of the USB probably isn't connected. It could be a faulty USB-cable, your PC, or the Cell-log itself. You need to test it on some other computer, maybe with another USB-cable.

bearing said:
There are two variants of Cell-log. One of them doesn't have the USB feature. (USB port is only for power on that one, I think.) Are you sure you have the one that can send data through USB?

Windows will indicate if a connected USB device is not working. If Windows doesn't react at all, then the data lines of the USB probably isn't connected. It could be a faulty USB-cable, your PC, or the Cell-log itself. You need to test it on some other computer, maybe with another USB-cable.

I have the "S" version that supports data. I have 3 CellLogs to cover my 16 TS cells (soon to be 20) and have tried the each cable on each of the 2 working CellLogs. All PC's I have access to are inaccessible to my scooter unless I can get a USD extension cable.

Long weekend coming, so it's time to get serious.

My guess it's a bad solder joint on the USB-jack, or maybe dirt in the jack. I would send a message to Jun-si, or maybe open the cell-log up to resolder the USB-jack.

http://www.jun-si.com/Encontact.asp

FYI... just about every conceivable Q&A re CellLogs has probably been adressed out on the RC Groups forum. If you don't see anything helpful in those gazillion posts, I think someone out there may be able to assist. Good luck!

http://www.rcgroups.com/batteries-and-chargers-129/

BTW, are you aware that Junsi insists that you use USB cable that comes with it? I can't remember exactly why (lack of a one pin connection maybe). But I am relatively certain it does matter when connecting one of their ichargers to a labtop. using a regular USB can result in something getting damaged... again I can't remember the exat details on this.

scoot said:
FYI... just about every conceivable Q&A re CellLogs has probably been adressed out on the RC Groups forum. If you don't see anything helpful in those gazillion posts, I think someone out there may be able to assist. Good luck!

http://www.rcgroups.com/batteries-and-chargers-129/

BTW, are you aware that Junsi insists that you use USB cable that comes with it? I can't remember exactly why (lack of a one pin connection maybe). But I am relatively certain it does matter when connecting one of their ichargers to a labtop. using a regular USB can result in something getting damaged... again I can't remember the exat details on this.

Thanks for the link, I'll spend some time there. I have been using only their cable.

What about the original question of the thread? Any alternative to this ugly software?

Back