BBSXX Programming connection issue

YVR

100 µW
Good Day
New to the forum so hello to all.
I have run out of ideas to get my BBSHD controller to hook up again with my computer.
Made two sets of changes which got me closer to a perfect setup and was ready to make my final changes and
was unable to reconnect with my controller.

Original equipment setup when I was able to connect and make two edits.
Windows 7
Luna Program cable. ( CH340 ) chip
Luna program.

Spent like 20hrs troubleshooting already and the next step is a Phaserunner which Justin would be happy to hear.

Things I tried in getting the darn controller to reconnect on the third attempt:
Found Luna program cable ( USB-TTL CH340 ) adapter seemed to get pretty hot (115degrees F)

1. Tested ( USB-TTL CH340 ) adapter with an App called Putty. Does not seem to work.
2. Built another USB-TTL using a CP2102 chip from this site. Tests out fine using the App Putty.
3. Tried with Win7 machine and recommended drivers. No luck.
4. Tried with Win10 machine and recommended drivers. No luck
5.Tried with Pennoff Penov software on both Win7 and 10. No luck
6.Tried every Comm port from 1to 10. Heard some say it would only connect with Com 1-3 or 4. No luck on any.
7.Re installed both software programs Luna and Penov and a myriad of reboots. No luck

Note: The jumper on the cable ( orange and brown wire from controller) is good as I have control of the motor with my throttle
when the battery is selected on.

I am down to one last thought that perhaps the CP2102 USB-TTL chip does not like the Luna programmed controller?
Seems others have used the CP2102 usb-TTL so I don't hold out much hope on that idea.

Just in case I have ordered a new Adapter with the CH340 chip that I will reconnect to my cable and if that doesn't work then I am out of ideas.

At this point its either smashing computers or Bafang parts . Lol
I have to say I have learned a bunch for a non electrical guy but I really want to be out riding more.

So Here it is HELP!!!!!!!!!!!
1) Is there any tech savvy people out there that know something about software ,drivers etc. and have dealt with something like this ?
2) Or perhaps someone in the Vancouver area of Canada that has a working cable and program that is interested in trying my cable or hooking up to my controller??

If so Refreshments would be available and flowing.

Thanks for reading
Tim

One other thing I just remembered in addition to the original post is I set the recommended baud rate to 115200 for the CP2102 USB-TTL adapter I have been trying.

Back