• Howdy! we're looking for donations to finish custom knowledgebase software for this forum. Please see our Funding drive thread

Another New Puma Test - 500W 320RPM - 13 min Video

Hmm, carbon forks no good? I did some research on these before I posted, coz I reckon someone would try and shoot me down in flames!
Anyway, for 'normal' use, carbon fibre was thought to be as strong as steel, but would fail catestrophically. Did I spell that right? So reckon with moderate power, should be ok.
Already using an elation type setup, (sorry to Allan, I copied!), but looking for something different for the road bike, coz I need to 'convert' it back easily for club rides. Looked at one small motor, but speed was not there, only 24 k's tops.
Looking for 30-35 k's, and minimum of 250 watts. Don't mind putting in my own power, coz thats what is all about! (so about 260 rpm in a 700C wheel).
Might've opened a can of worms here, but it seems like BigH has the similar thoughts!
Just looking for a light and nimble e-bike. Goal is around 15 Kg, but more likely will be closer to 17 Kg.
FYI, I'm in Ballarat, so not too far away! And 4 members in Vic? Its a start! And I'm also looking forward to Elation's V2, Rob

Freddyflatfoot said:
Hmm, carbon forks no good? I did some research on these before I posted, coz I reckon someone would try and shoot me down in flames!
Anyway, for 'normal' use, carbon fibre was thought to be as strong as steel, but would fail catestrophically. Did I spell that right? So reckon with moderate power, should be ok.
Already using an elation type setup, (sorry to Allan, I copied!), but looking for something different for the road bike, coz I need to 'convert' it back easily for club rides. Looked at one small motor, but speed was not there, only 24 k's tops.
Looking for 30-35 k's, and minimum of 250 watts. Don't mind putting in my own power, coz thats what is all about! (so about 260 rpm in a 700C wheel).
Might've opened a can of worms here, but it seems like BigH has the similar thoughts!
Just looking for a light and nimble e-bike. Goal is around 15 Kg, but more likely will be closer to 17 Kg.
FYI, I'm in Ballarat, so not too far away! And 4 members in Vic? Its a start! And I'm also looking forward to Elation's V2, Rob

hi rob,
yes carbon fibre has a very different strength to steel, in that it has high tensile strength, but not high torsen or lateral strenght (in my drunken state i think this is the best way to describe it.

nah you havn't opened a can of worms and if u have good - its good food for thought!

Take Care,
Haydon

Back