Ant BMS Setup Not Saving Anything

sdobbie

100 W
Hi everyone, I am having a lot of bother setting up my ant bms, it pairs fine and I can read the cell voltages in the app but it doesn't save any settings I put in even after I select save. They always stay at 0. How do I set the cell count and save the settings I put in? When I select read parameter in the settings screen, everything just stays 0. I have wired it for a 12s battery.

Screenshot_20220409-190922_MaYi-BMS.jpg

Screenshot_20220409-190909_MaYi-BMS.jpg

20220409_190935.jpg

Screenshot_20220409-191615_MaYi-BMS.jpg

sdobbie said:
Hi everyone, I am having a lot of bother setting up my ant bms, it pairs fine and I can read the cell voltages in the app but it doesn't save any settings I put in even after I select save. They always stay at 0. How do I set the cell count and save the settings I put in? When I select read parameter in the settings screen, everything just stays 0. I have wired it for a 12s battery.

Screenshot_20220409-190922_MaYi-BMS.jpg

Screenshot_20220409-190909_MaYi-BMS.jpg

20220409_190935.jpg

Screenshot_20220409-191615_MaYi-BMS.jpg
the ZMUB uses a different app, this is why VBMS also doesnt work with never ant bms , i have attached the apk you need

View attachment MY-APP-1116.zip

Thanks very much for that, I am able to see all the settings but they still don't save. I saw a passwords section but don't know what the passwords are, I think I need those to save settings.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20220411-203744_bms.jpg
    Screenshot_20220411-203744_bms.jpg
    256.1 KB · Views: 787
sdobbie said:
Thanks very much for that, I am able to see all the settings but they still don't save. I saw a passwords section but don't know what the passwords are, I think I need those to save settings.
You should ask your BMS supplier for help. They should be able to help.
If no, then try 123456789abc for the level 5 password.

sdobbie said:
They gave me passwords but I just get password error when I enter them.
If you just get error on level 5 password, then try "123456789abc" if it is different from the one from your supplier.

hey, did you folks figure out this problem? I'm having it now. thx.
possibly an old/unsupported app version?

Hey, here is my story. ant z bm's are a bit crazy. but they work fine!
Today I was testing a antz bms maybe 120A version up to 24S and I connected it to a 20S battery 50Ah 84V
I was unlucky w crazy app does not even work at android and is chinese version. it cant find bt device.. may need to test at other mobile.. (careful when U install apps at your mobile, most chinese apps have permissions to handle internal mobile commands and access to mobile files..)

I had to connect bms signal lines from B- up to #20line and connect #B+ , #24 and #23 bms pins to battery main positive, otherwise it does not work!! I had to guess that crazy sh*t by myself! #22 , #21 pins not connected.
Any way this antz bms is unknown configuration because app not working.. , but bms works fine and top cut at 4,1V (90%) and down to 2,7V (10%)

soo, I think antz bms is trusted brand ..
good luck with your antz bms configuration, remember to real test battery voltage at full charged voltage cut, and test battery discharge until bms cut (if it is d*ly bms it does not have low cut voltage, so battery drains to 0V per cell..) :unsure:

Last edited:
here is some visual proof content.
ant bms 24S w 50Ah 84V 20Sbattery! it doesnt want to establish contact with mobile app.. what's happening with this bms?

Do you trust ant's bms's? classify any ant bms from 0 to 10
I give a 7,5 to this one bcause I dont know tha configuration.. no BT radio contact.. maybe aluminium heat sink plate is blocking bt radio signals :unsure:

antz bms2.jpg

ant bms.jpg

Last edited:
IMG_20230904_170946.jpg

I have the ANT BMS 8s-24s 200A model shown above. It was bought on August 2021, never used since then.
I can view the BMS configuration on the old app. I can't change any parameters.
I tested the protocol (Serial protocol) in Python connecting to "ANT-BLE24C" via Bluetooth with the same results.
According to this video I need the following Android app: mybms v1.1.12 20210630.zip
I can't find it anywhere. Please can someone make it available for download?

Android App versions tested:
MaYi-BMS 20190329 or 4.9.1 (connects to: BMS-ANT-24C) connects shows values but can't save new configuration values
V 1116 (tries connection to: ANT-BLE24C) does not connect or show values
V 1.2.4 20210823 (tries connection to: ANT-BLE24C) does not connect or show values
V 2.2.7 (tries connection to: ANT-BLE24C) does not show values

How many different protocols are there for ANT BMS boards? Three? The older one (VBMS compatible), the one I need and the latest one?

I can't see the point on the manufacturer do not having the different app versions available for download to support the product being sold. What a mess...

Last edited:
Thanks Floyd.
Unfurtunetely it does not work.
After a Connect message (Bluetooth connection to ANT-BLE24C) it stays like the image below. No values retrieved. The protocol is not right. We must use an intermediate version (Ex: v1.1.12).
Screenshot_20230912_000643_ant.bms.jpg
Unfortunately

Back