Any reviews/info for budget Lifepo- Sunthing etc.

torker

100 kW
I have been searching for reviews on some budget Lifepo4 packs. All threads seem to deadend with no real info. I am really interested if anyone is using a 26650 based pack from Conhismotor. Also any update on the Sunthing28 packs. I am looking at 48v 10 to 15 ah packs w bms. These are the 2 I am considering.
http://www.conhismotor.com/ProductShow.asp?id=46
http://www.ebay.com/itm/48V-10AH-Li...ronics_Batteries_Chargers&hash=item1e75247513

They are very reasonable cost but I can find no feedback/reviews. I am leaning toward the Conhis with the cyl. cells. I am planning on removing my shunt mod and dropping back to 20 amps. so either pack should handle it. Although with the shunt mod My Rincon w 9c setup only peaks 35 amps and it does not stay there long as I don't climb any hills here in ks. so it may be ok as the bms should protect it .

Anybody tried either of these.. Thanks

dnmun said:
there have already been a number of reviews of the 48V15Ah sun-thing 28 pack. last price i saw was $430 or so delivered.

Any links to reviews? The ones I've seen seem to come up short on info.

Also I really want to hear about the Cohnis battery since it is 15 ah and good price with charger included.

Till somebody puts 5000 miles on one, battery reviews do tend to be...

"it arrived, and it worked" Or "it arrived frocked up". Not a lot of info.

And despite others good results, yours can have problems soon even from the very best sellers. Battery cells can test fine, then just croak in use. It happens.

But mostly, I think we never hear from folks who are happy riding around.

Once in a while we do get a pretty consistent bad track record for a particular type. The cheap 18650 cell packs from 3-4 years ago are an example. Getting dropped by the shipper often damaged them, popping spot welds. 26650 packs with less connections should be less vulnerable to damage. Pouch cells seem to do ok, but a big enough drop tears tabs, or crushes cell corners. No battery is shipper proof.

FWIW, I don't see a lot of complaints piling up about sun thing. A few problems with the really cheap charger, but not the pack itself.

I would think 10 ah is a bit small for a 20 amps 9c motor. Sure, it works on day one, but later on as capacity diminishes, you have a very small pack getting flogged.

ping battery still the best for me anyway because when you have problem he send free bms or pouch , yes its not cheap but a long term solution

I know Ping has a solid rep. much to be said for a good return policy. I am on a tight budget and the Conhis battery with a 6 amp charger is tempting for the price. Also I want to try the 26650 cyl. cells. I want to set up my Rincon to take camping. Usually go primitive so not much chance to charge. I will still use lipo on my fsr for the higher amp fun.

torker said:
I know Ping has a solid rep. much to be said for a good return policy. I am on a tight budget and the Conhis battery with a 6 amp charger is tempting for the price. Also I want to try the 26650 cyl. cells. I want to set up my Rincon to take camping. Usually go primitive so not much chance to charge. I will still use lipo on my fsr for the higher amp fun.

go for it anyway we need testers :twisted: :lol:

Yorker I don't know of anybody who actually returned a ping battery back to china. Doing that is very costly. Most people who have issues come here and members help them out.

I DO want to be the tester :mrgreen: I just started a new business so I will have to sell my arse off and get "creative " with the financing..

Back