ASI BAC800 programming over USB-Serial interface - possible to use different cable?

thender

100 mW
This has standard 5v, ground, TX, and RX.

If I open up the USB-Serial cable that comes with a Sabvoton SVMC72150 and change the connector so I can wire it up to the ASI BAC800 TX & RX pins, can I attach it to the ASI BAC800 and get it to work? Or is there more required?

I am using the bacdoor phone app on a controller I have here where everything works - there are some settings I would like to tweak, but can't since every setting reads as 0 after I connect the app to the motor.

I think last year I may have blown out the serial interface when I plugged it into a machine since LCD communication only worked half the time on this particular controller.

I am going to take a guess there is no standard color code inside these wires for anything.

I've had success with various usb to serial boards/cables. As long as they are 5v logic level (which the sabvoton should be) it should be ok. The ftdi usb to serial boards advertised for arduino on ebay are a good source.

A usb isolater is a good idea too, even though not many people bother with it.

Back