Auto tune test fail

dos bikers

100 µW
Hi guys bike working perfectly with bbshd cycle analyst and phase runner. Suddenly not working.
Put many different settings in from guys on here with no results. When I run auto tune the motor just judder round. I sometimes get over phase fault saying to adjust Hall sensor or kp and ki. Have done all this.
Any ideas.

What specifically does "not working" mean, for the original fault? An exact description may help narrow the source of the fault down.

What happened between the time it worked and the time it didn't?

Or, what was happening at the moments before it stopped working?

Note that a hall sensor fault (sensor or wiring problem resulting in poor signal quality) can cause problems with a controller operating a motor correctly. A damaged phase winding or connection from phase to controller can also do this. Either of those can happen from water ingress / corrosion, or from overheating, if there is any of either of those in yoru environmental conditions and usage.

Hi it just cut out and didn't come back on. when testing it the fault came up over phase current. I've tried different maps and it spins then cuts out. Also cuts out when under load. Maybe it got hot on a long hill climb I did because it stopped after that. Is there a way of seeing this if I strip the motor again where the phase wires connect to the stater. There's no water got inside. I checked the nylon gear and it's fine. On auto tune it judders round instead of free wheeling

Hi it just cut out and didn't come back on. when testing it the fault came up over phase current. I've tried different maps and it spins then cuts out. Also cuts out when under load. Maybe it got hot on a long hill climb I did because it stopped after that. Is there a way of seeing this if I strip the motor again where the phase wires connect to the stater. There's no water got inside. I checked the nylon gear and it's fine. On auto tune it judders round instead of free wheeling

Do you think one of the phase wire connections has gotten loose? Did you adjust the max phase current protection setting, if you have that option in the controller?

Is the controller inside the case, or mounted externally to a heatsink/etc? If it was inside, it would have exacerbated any overheating, but the PR has rollback ability for power on overheat, so you would probably have noticed lessening assist power.

If the controlelr is outside the case, with enough airflow/heatsinking, it might not have expereienced any overheating, but the motor still could, and could have winding damage (or hall sensor damage). Winding damage is typically obvious from overheating--it usually smells funny and looks darker than the usual copper color.

Hall sensor damage is not usually visible, but the PR setup program should show if they are giving valid signals or not.

Is the controller inside the case, or mounted externally to a heatsink/etc? If it was inside, it would have exacerbated any overheating, but the PR has rollback ability for power on overheat, so you would probably have noticed lessening assist power.

If the controlelr is outside the case, with enough airflow/heatsinking, it might not have expereienced any overheating, but the motor still could, and could have winding damage (or hall sensor damage). Winding damage is typically obvious from overheating--it usually smells funny and looks darker than the usual copper color.

Hall sensor damage is not usually visible, but the PR setup program should show if they are giving valid signals or not.
Its mounted outside. I will take the motor apart again tomorrow and have a good look thanks for your help

Hi I took it all apart and could not see and burning. I heat struck two of the phase cables that looked a bit rough. I put it back together still didn't work. Then whilst testing the power cable came off and there was a puff of smoke. I think it shorted. After that it works fine. Auto tune ran perfect. Took it for a test drive no problems. I think the phase runner must of reset itself some how from the short.

Glad it works now, though that's kind of wierd.

I heat struck two of the phase cables that looked a bit rough.
What does "heat struck" mean?

Back