Bafang 750w middrive ss mtb

cruiser

1 mW
First post!
Installed the bafang 750 from e3mv w/ 48v samsung battery
This forum is great for all the research, thanks to everyone that contributed info on buying and user experiences.

I'm running ss right now but plan to add a nuvinci igh
Runs great but only can hit about 22mph with my gearing (just spin out, no pedalling).

Love the torque! It is just fantastic uphill on or offroad and I can see middrive being perfect for mt bike or hauling with any load carrying bike.

Spent a long time deciding on a bike- and almost went carbon frame, but in the end felt the robust steel frame is best for me.
The added weight is really inconsequential with edrive.

Attachments

• photo 1.JPG
    photo 1.JPG
    151.7 KB · Views: 1,102
  • photo 3.JPG
    photo 3.JPG
    122.6 KB · Views: 1,101
18/46
compromise gear for off/on road. Does fine in both, just not optimal.
The power pretty much overcomes any issues though.

Does anyone know if the Nuvinci will work well with the 46t chainring? Hoping it will help me get a higher top speed, as well as easier spinning climbing on the trail
Trying to decide between Nuvinci and Shimano Alfine

At the moment you are running a 75" gear (well that was quick mental math, but it's gotta be close). A Nuvinci has a low gear that is .5 of the input gear, so you would end up with a 37" gear on the low end. Not the best for non motorized SS mountain biking, but the motor assist changes the playing field.

On the high end the older Nuvinci will get you up to a whopping 130" gear, and the newer one will get you to a 135" gear. So, yes your top end should get you going pretty fast.

As for hub recommendation, the Alfine, and the N360 Nuvinci aren't going to put up with the stress of the 750w motor for long before they start giving you trouble. The older Nuvinci N171 is a stronger hub that should take anything that motor can give it. I have the older hub, and I have the same kit on its way. So, this is not from experience, but from a lot of reading, and years in the bike business rebuilding IGH's and seeing them implode.

I'm getting the Gearsensor with my kit since they say it works particularly well with internal gears, and makes the Nuvinci much easier to shift. We'll see.

Thank you jtrops!
I'll def look into getting the n171
I was concerned the torque would kill igh's. there is a real-time readout and the power can spike to 1000w, so there's a lot of torque there.

gearsensor? Do you mean the rear wheel magnet and sensor?
Mine came with it and it works well, stops the power pretty quickly when you stop pedalling.

cruiser said:
Thank you jtrops!
I'll def look into getting the n171
I was concerned the torque would kill igh's. there is a real-time readout and the power can spike to 1000w, so there's a lot of torque there.

gearsensor? Do you mean the rear wheel magnet and sensor?
Mine came with it and it works well, stops the power pretty quickly when you stop pedalling.

Nope, that's the speed sensor for the PAS.

The gearsensor mounts inline with the shifter cable, and detects cable movement. Cable moves, power is cut to the motor during the shift. Cable stops moving, motor starts. At least that's how it's supposed to work. The Nuvinci drive works with friction generated when the hub has torque applied. Because of this it won't shift under load, so the gearsensor drops the load from the motor while you shift. I've read that it makes shifting a Nuvinci smooth, but again we'll see.

Back