Bafang BBSHD BBS02 mid drive -- Flexible OpenSource firmware

This is absolutely fantastic news!

As a BBS02 owner I sent 10$ donation to help you get BBS02 controller.

I encourage everyone who owns BBSXX to do the same whether it's to support BBSHD developent or to speed up the release of BBS02 version.

Thank you!

Just what i was looking for i guess :D
Donation coming soon, after i do a lot of reading first to determine if this is the way i should go with my BBS02.
Just like the poster above my main purpose is to have 2 modes to quickly switch between.

Cool. I just discovered all of this. I'm big on hacking. Not creating it but using it. I got too much going on in life to be creating it. I'm new to eBikes and woke up to them when gas was heading to frekin $5/gal. Holly crap. Then realized I aint young enough to make my old huffy do what I drive a car to do. So I dug into where the eBike world was at. Thankfully further along than the last time I looked. But still mind boglingly pricey. I gave $50 for my Huffy long ago and I just bought a BBS02B for like 10 times that. Jeepers. Anyways, I been reading about all the good and bad with these eBikes so I have gained a huge education in a new but familiar area. I'm an automation engineer. So motors and controls is old news to me. And Open Source code, wow, that is exciting news to me. I jumped on the motor I got because it's illegal to go over 20mph in my town. And because I didn't want jack squat to do with Canbus. People were posting fears that BBS may be discontinued. So I leaped before I was finished looking. But I did good. Turns out its a tough motor in the B revision. And now its Open Source. What a joy. I have DDwrt in all my routers, LineageOS on my Galaxy Phone, PCs all hacked for endless features, and now NilssonDrive for my Bafang. Aint that sweet. Even better, I used to make my living programming on 8051 SBCs for factory automation products. Many decades ago. Now they shrunk the entire computer board we used into a small chip with 4 times more capabilities and 10 times faster. It will be fun for me to revisit this code platform. Yup, I already been looking thru the code and am impressed with all the areas covered. Since I'm new to eBikes, I had to learn about desired feature sets. So it looks like it has most everything. But its great that if I find some clunky aspects, that I can go into the code and smooth them out to suit my tastes. I doubt I will do anything major with everything else I got going on, but you never know. Programming has a way of sucking you in. Hah. Ill send a $20 donation to Mr Nilsson. I have not loaded the code yet, but its clear that it is well worth the support. First Mod I will do is just to have my Name flash on the screen. Something to prove the bike is mine if stolen. Maybe more security immobilization features after than. I see a ton of Youtube videos about rampant eBike theft. I'm already looking at trackers too. It would really suck to loose my first eBike and not have any way to chase it down.

I don't know, but I just put a BBS02 with a twist throttle on a bike. You twist the throttle and it goes! The PAS is good. What would I reprogram?

gromike said:
I don't know, but I just put a BBS02 with a twist throttle on a bike. You twist the throttle and it goes! The PAS is good. What would I reprogram?

If your totally happy, then there is no reason. Those that want this can appreciate the flexibility of open source. The only way to fix bugs that the factory has no interest in fixing. You don't seem to use this motor to the point of noticing the bugs. Maybe in time, you will figure out it could run better. That's when to consider using something like this code.

Back