• Howdy! we're looking for donations to finish custom knowledgebase software for this forum.
    Please see: Funding drive thread

Bafang BBSO1B to ICE Q

dexey

1 µW
Hi, Iam trying to fit this motor my 2009 ICE Q in the UK.

I have lengthened the battery wires and fitted the battery horizontally behind the seat.
The Speed Sensor wires are also too short. I bought a 40cm extension but my front wheels have disc brakes and the cable needs to be a bit longer.
Rather than buy another extension and end up with yet another excessive loop of wire would it be ok to cut the new extension and solder extra lengths of wire in? Does lengthening have any detrimental effect on the signal from sensor to motor?
Alternatively, is it possible to buy the screw connectors (marked DREAM) and make up my own extender.

Thanks for any help. I am capable of stripping wire back, soldering and applying heat shrink tubing. 40 years ago I was a TV engineer for 8 years. When I made a new battery cable last week I was surprised how much heat I needed to take the old ones off the plug!

Thanks for any help

Why don't you put the speed sensor on the back wheel?

Edit: Forget that, I just googled ice q. :D

neil.b said:
Why don't you put the speed sensor on the back wheel?

Edit: Forget that, I just googled ice q. :D
I may well do that anyway. If it's ok to lengthen the sensor cable (without buying two more extensions) it will be a lot easier to mount the sensor on the rear swinging arm than fabricating a bracket for the front to clear the disc! :)

That's it then. I'm not brave enough to cut and see so I'm buying two more extensions at £17 each and will fit the sensor to the rear wheel!
Beggar the expense :)

Back