Bafang display shuts itself off

Cyclomania

10 kW
So on my other bike I have a bbs02. Everything works fine. Only thing is the display shuts itself off sometimes when cycling. Seems to be nothing wrong with it except for this.

I just have to turn it on again and then I am able to ride it again. Any idea why this happens? And if I can do something about it?

Just happens now and then when out cycling.

thanks

Does it keep assisting when the display shuts off?

If not, then there may be a system timeout happening because of a sensor (usually speed sensor, sometimes pedal sensor) that isn't detecting any input for the duration of the timeout limit.

If it keeps assisting after the display shuts off, the display probably has a problem with it's internal LVPS (low voltage power supply) that powers the display portion. It cant' be a complete power failure in the LVPS or it would turn off the transistor in the display that keeps the controller itself turned on, and there'd be no assist. (but this could be the problem if there is no assist).

Other problems are possible too; will need more info / testing, perhaps during a failure event, to eliminate the above.

Did the problem start after any particular change, incident, etc?

Last edited:
If not, then there may be a system timeout happening because of a sensor (usually speed sensor, sometimes pedal sensor) that isn't detecting any input for the duration of the timeout limit.
I think maybe it also is not showing speed. But going very fast and nice and everything.

Do you think it could be I have to adjust that little magnet thing on the spokes that bafang normally has or something?

If it keeps assisting after the display shuts off, the display probably has a problem with it's internal LVPS (low voltage power supply) that powers the display portion. It cant' be a complete power failure in the LVPS or it would turn off the transistor in the display that keeps the controller itself turned on, and there'd be no assist. (but this could be the problem if there is no assist).

Other problems are possible too; will need more info / testing, perhaps during a failure event, to eliminate the above.

Did the problem start after any particular change, incident, etc?
It does not give assist when it shuts off. I have to turn it on again.

It actually started after i had switched display because the old one got that black ink in the screen that it gets when broken,. So the display works fine. Just shuts itself off now and then.

Hi, in your case is it the case that the display will power down during the ride? the display just shuts down? If so, is it a case where you re-turn the power button on the battery off and on again, and then you can turn the display back on again?

Back