Basics for Newbie///

Bob, thanks. Switched charge and discharge connectors to XTs a 60 for charge and 90 for discharge or motor...

Yes, unscrewed connectors...figuring universal use,,,and like you said, 2-wire, so all is fine, as long as i do not short when doing connector change...

Will use the chargers I have and set to 100 (one is 2amp other is larger and is from "that place.") I like, as it has the lights, cooling fan and charge level adjustment.

Saved your instructions and will apply.

Should have done this long ago...cost was about the same but beats all the bullroar endured.

My only complaint, so far, with the supplier is that their Andersons simply do not connect...

Also, have to wrap in foam...nice wee battery, in any case, I must say.

Thanks. Hive

One last ?, I hope, okay I bought a small Wallen pack and came with a 3a charger.
The Andersons would not connect, so replaced with xt60 and ran charger, seemed all fine.
Decided to go to bed and disconnected charger completely to be safe...
This morning I tried to reconnect and got a spark and the negative side of both xt connectors was blackened.

I have a larger Luna sold charger that says to plug in the charger to AC first, then hook up.

Well, I did that and then tried the reverse and got spark and so on. Scared the hell out of me, so here I am...asking what I did wrong...all the connections are fine, and I did not short out the connections.

What do I do with the blackened connectors now...I am so dim and this stuff scares me cuz am so ignorant.

I did a search and responses are all over the place, so here I am...again, a puddle of dim.

I must have screwed up things but so simple I do not see how...any help out there?

A small spark on the order of a carpet spark is not at all unusual.

A spark large enough to blacken the connectors is.

When you make the connection, are the plugs correctly oriented BEFORE you bring them close together?

Has this only happened with the Luna charger?

The man who owns that company has a documented history of knowingly selling defective merchandise. Also of making criminal threats, warnings of legal action, employing paid shills, bribing people with free merchandise, and offering 5-figure cash bribes. He has been banned from posting here, multiple times.

I would try the other charger. Wall plug first, then battery is usually the recommended procedure.

There is a device which employs a pre-charge resistor to avoid these sparks, but on a 36V system, not generally required.

I would double-check that the wires are correctly insulated, and that the actual mating metal connector pieces are correctly seated into the plastic housing.

Also, unless the Anderson connectors you had were of a different size and unable to mate, there should not have been any problem here. I am wondering if a combination of bringing the XT connectors close together in reverse orientation and possibly the metal parts being too close to the end of the plastic housing is the cause of the issue.

Back