Battery box plug / connectors?

Jordan325ic

100 W
So I am designing a simple weatherproof metal battery box enclosure for a 60V, 150A continuous/200A peak discharge battery. All sides of the enclosure will be exposed to rain/splash. The only thing that needs to exit the box is the two 1/0 power cables. Design goals are easy to disconnect and impossible to reverse/accidentally short. My initial thought was just use two waterproof cable glands, and add an Anderson plug downstream for system maintenance/battery removal. But what might be even better would be some sort of 2 pin bulkhead connector. What have people used?

Or I found this interesting website (China based) which has some pretty cool looking connectors for fair prices. Any experience?
https://www.elecbee.com/en/132-ev-connector?q=IP+Rating-IP67

9kW drain indicates a fairly sized vehicle. unless the plug is litteraly under the vehicle and can be submerged during operation you should just stick to the standard and dont reinvent the wheel, use SB175 plugs and the matching rubber boots on the TOP SIDE ONLY in vertical orentation to protect the contacts or put the connectors horizontal and use boots on both ends.

dont buy the ebay/aliexpress SB175. but the original parts (including the boot) from mouser/digikey/rs-online. yes, orignal ones are a (lot) more expensive and there is a good reason for it.

note on that link: i would not trust connectors for that price as far as i can trow them. same goes with the fake andersons on ebay/aliexpress.

ps: crimp, DO NOT SOLDER. use a proper crimping tool and use heat shrink tube with glue on the inside when crimping the anderson plugs.

Back