Battery connection scheme

Massy

1 mW
Hello,

I have made the following scheme of connecting a BMS, batteries and an ESC. What I want to accomplish is to use BMS whilst charging only (therefore not connected BMS- to ESC).

If someone could confirm it works or tell me I'm an idiot and why I'd really appreciate it. DO NOT care about the red and black colors of wires, that's just me being stupid, look where they connect. Balance wires are not in the diagram, but I'm pretty sure I got these sorted.

Any help appreciated so I don't blow my batteries after five minutes :)

Edit: Adding another question. Would it be fine to connect the minus from BMS to ESC instead of directly from battery without any other changes? It should be fine and then it would also use the BMS when discharging, right?

celSeum.jpg

I want to help more but I just can't get round the colour conflicts.

At a glance it looks right assuming the BMS is getting it's positive feed via the balance leads.

RogerD said:

At a glance it looks right assuming the BMS is getting it's positive feed via the balance leads.

Exactly...

But otherwise yes, that is exactly how I would have wired mine if I was to go charge only. I assume you chose not to show the balance wires because they would be a pain to draw. Just wire them the same as the diagram that would have came with the BMS.

bandaro said:
RogerD said:

Exactly...

But otherwise yes, that is exactly how I would have wired mine if I was to go charge only. I assume you chose not to show the balance wires because they would be a pain to draw. Just wire them the same as the diagram that would have came with the BMS.

Haha, I'm sorry about the colors :D

Thanks for the help, of course I will connect balance wires as well, but as you said, they'd be a pain to draw.

Back