Battery has no output but is fully charged.

Nightdog

10 mW
Hello all,

Problem with 4 year old VIVI f46.

Battery is fully charged, but no output. I have been working on the bike all morning, finnally noticed that the battery case is broken. Should i go ahead and take it apart and look for open connections? BTW its broken by the warranty seal so thats already broken. It wont show that it is cahrging, no broken wires on the control system. Does this sound easy to fix. The reason i havnt bought a new battery is I cant find exact replacement, the discharge plate houses the control. any advice ?

When you say "fully charged", do you mean it's charged until the charger stops or do you mean you measured the voltage at about 42V? Although bad connections could be the issue, I'm guessing the BMS may have tripped.

Fully charged meaning the lights on the battery go to 5 lights but there is no output, I am trying to take apart the battery case now those things are a buitch right? wont come apart all four screws are loosened/ any help there? then i can see the fuse hopefully again, i only this morning noticed the battery case is cracked and broken, still cant get the case apart

I should point out I am a noob as far as repair. Now my bike is old enought to go ahaed. Love this bike tho.
If you can provide some pics of the battery then we can walk you through how to perform measurements to determine the health of your battery and possibly what is wrong. Do you have a multimeter/voltmeter?

Yes I do the charger is reading 40 v, and the battery read 270mv.. I send pics

Attachments

• 81I4Bs5QuvL._AC_SL1500_.jpg
    81I4Bs5QuvL._AC_SL1500_.jpg
    264.9 KB · Views: 10
  • 1686345331273.jpg
    1686345331273.jpg
    12.7 KB · Views: 11
  • gords new Bike.jpg
    gords new Bike.jpg
    281.6 KB · Views: 11
My main problem seems to be getting the case apart. all the screws are lose and it steadfast. is there a hidden screw , how hard should I try force it apart. ?

I am sorry, there is only 4 screws, yet something is holding it together really hard in the middle . perhaps you could look at the pic and give me some insight. The two ends are loose the and screws, out but the middle is staunch.

Attachments

• IMG_20230602_112042.jpg
    IMG_20230602_112042.jpg
    1.5 MB · Views: 5
I am sorry, there is only 4 screws, yet something is holding it together really hard in the middle . perhaps you could look at the pic and give me some insight. The two ends are loose the and screws, out but the middle is staunch.
looks like there could be a hidden screw under that little circle but it wont pop out. i am afraid of shorting something inside there as i try wrestle it apart

My main problem seems to be getting the case apart. all the screws are lose and it steadfast. is there a hidden screw , how hard should I try force it apart. ?
There's a few videos on YouTube, but it's basically what docw009 said.
Grin has a video on inspecting/diagnosing batteries that may be helpful:

looks like there could be a hidden screw under that little circle but it wont pop out. i am afraid of shorting something inside there as i try wrestle it apart
Not sure what circle you are talking about but the screws should be around the perimeter, since the cells lie across the middle. The pic is blurry, but it does appear to be only 4 screws, which doesn't seem adequate.
Can you provide pics of both sides of the case? That might help determine what case the pack is using.

Ok guys I got it apart,, 40 v is present at the charge port but not the main discharge connectors. I do not see a fuse. But it sparked pretty good . so i am still lokking at it

hey you guys.. i got the battery apart found a connector off -put it back (white connecter like a 13 pin connecter), found a switch a little swith that registers 40 v , on the red and black wires and the little switch--. When I hold the llitte swith, two leds come on. whats that little swicth for? I took apart the anderson looking main red and black , no voltage presentt. any ideas?

The most common thing when a battery won't turn on it's discharge port is that a cell or cells is too low in voltage, or too different in voltage from the others.

It turns the battery off to protect you against things like fire from cell damage.

I recommend measuring each of the cell groups, starting at the main thick battery negative wire to the cell block, from that to the first thin cell wire going to the BMS, then between that thin cell wire and the next one, and so on, until you are measuring between the last thin cell wire and the main thick positive wire to the cell block.

If it's a 42v-full battery (charger marked as 42v) then it's got 10 cell groups, so you will have 10 measurements. Other voltage packs use more or less cells.

There is a few electronic devices inside my battery, one is the step down for 5v usb, which is fine shows 5 volts, the other is a wild looking device that seems to contain more circutry. So I put the charger on and it was charging for about 5 mins then went green, still now power to discharge. i think its a bad device in there. because its a 36 v battery and there is ponits where it measures that

the plenty control is mounted inside the discharge plate which made the battery obsotete i think and irreplaceable, bike had reduced range and was fine for a while, one morning it wouyld not turn on. dont know why. i wish i could get this going, but i am buying a new bike

Back