Battery question

Sickswan

100 µW
Hey guys new here just wanted to pick someone's brains a little.. So I have 59 (was 60) of these Samsung inr18650 20f cells from my old ultramotor a2b metro which had a 500w hub motor.. I am wanting to re use the batteries for a new bafang bbshd build I'm planning on my calibre bossnut.
I was wondering if these batteries where up to the job discharge wise? Also am I right in thinking that I could use max 4 batteries to a cell in parallel then 13 in series to get the 48v.. ? Are there any other cells I could use with these batteries maybe one in each of the 13 packs making them 5 batteries per parallel cell.. What would may batteries ah rating be and what is a well regarded bms that will work well with the bbshd
Any help appreciated
Thanks
Swan

Take a look at the datasheet for those 20F cells:
https://www.custompower.com/documents/ICR18650-20.pdf
https://secondlifestorage.com/index.php?threads/samsung-icr18650-20f-cell-specifications.1757/

2000mah capacity and a max discharge of ~4A

Keep in mind the performance may be even less depending on how heavily used they were. Seems like a very low power and low energy dense cell. There are much better cells on the market, even the old tried and true Samsung 25R. The BBSHD is normally 25A ? max battery current? If so I wouldn't want to run any less than 6 20Fs in parallel for 25A; otherwise the performance (mainly voltage sag) would be poor.

I wouldn't mix cell types in a pack. In theory it could work but you'd be putting a lot of extra wear on the cells and I wouldn't expect it to last very long.

Thanks soo much for the reply sorry I've been busy lately.. I have a calibre bossnut I want to fit a bbshd to and am limited on space for the battery I measure around 13inch x 4.5 inch max battery space.. Hoping I can either get a battery or make one for that space can I ask if the 52v or 48v 1000w would be higher regarded? I don't need mega speed but would like extreme acceleration.. But I'm guessing this will come down to gearing anyway tha ks for any help
Swan

Back