• Howdy! we're looking for donations to finish custom knowledgebase software for this forum. Please see our Funding drive thread

Battery - Same wiring (contact) for both charge and load??

liared

100 mW

I have ordered and received a 24 Volt 20 AH LiFePo4 battery from battery supplier Sun-Thing – see left image above.
It puzzels me is that the same contact (wiring) is used for both charging and e-bike motor load. I have earlier bought 24 and 36 Volt 20 AH LiFePo4 batteries from Li Ping and Sun-Thing and all of these batteries have had separate wirings for charge and load.
There is no way of seeing the BMS or sense wires of the 24 Volt battery unless I open up the battery.
Sun-Thing says by mail that the one and only wiring for both charging/BMS and load is OK (“it is include the bms .”)
Is there someone here in the EndlessSphere forum that uses this same “one/same contact only” for both charge and load and can confirm that it works fine with the BMS!?

It's a bi-directional BMS power connection design. In other words, current can flow both directions unless an over/under voltage/Amp condition is detected via the unseen cell sense wires. Charge and discharge through the same leads. My preffered BMS.

chvidgov.bc.ca said:
I'm charging two Sunthings in parallel at once back through the same discharge lead that joins the parallel packs. Discharge = charge. I got my packs about two weeks ago.
I've wondered about the possibility of parallel charging two 36V 15Ah LiFePO4 batteries in parallel. They are BMSBattery Headway with separate charge and load wires. Anyone done this? And if one battery is fully discharged and the other only 15% discharged will it charge slowly based on the higher voltage of the second battery?
If the two batteries are connected in series for 72V is parallel charge wiring and charging wiring ok through this separate charge/load type of BMS?

most cheap china Lithium oem e-bikes has now a single connector for charging and discharging.
it is a matter of big scale economy, less components, less chance of faults ... etc... etc ... :wink:

mine is working fine ...

have fun!

ancient thread but,
can I simply splice an extra set of wires and connector to the single set of charge/discharge leads, (left image) leave the discharge connected to my controller and charge the battery through the other connector and not damage anything?
thanks for the info
wj

Back