• Howdy! we're looking for donations to finish custom knowledgebase software for this forum. Please see our Funding drive thread

batteryminder desulfator real world experiance

rbelisle1

10 W
About two weeks ago, I received a batteryminder odb-36 charger and desulfator. My modified ev global was on its last legs with the 12ah agm pack I built about a year ago. I ran a couple of hundred trips back and forth to work on these batteries. At the end I could only get 4.5 to 5 miles range, before lvc.

Now, with one week of 24 by 7 charging with the odb-36, my range is back and I can ride the old girl to work(7.5 miles0. I have to say that I am now sold on the process of desulfateing batteries. Time will tell how long this improvement lasts, but I have to say that the effect was indeed there. Not a scientific test of course, but my imperical test says this thing works and it works great... More of a long term report, down the road.

bob in phx.

How well has it worked up to now (before you replaced the lead with lithium)?

I've got a few SLAs that are probably sulfated, out of a UPS, which look a lot like yours (from the pics in the battery case thread). I've been considering building a desulfator for them, but wondered if it was worth the effort before I do so.

I also have positive experiences with a desulfator for my SLAs. I bought this kit from positive reviews:

http://www.courtiestown.co.uk/

I bought mine assembled and with the lead wires. I put it into my own case. It cost around $48 shipped to me. I haven't noticed a decrease in power,speed or range in my year of using my SLAs with the desulfator.

One thing with the Courtiestown kit, it produces a fairly loud 1KHz buzz when it's in the circuit. Having it inside of the battery box helps, but it's still noticeable.

Ambrose

Back