BBS02 Hall sensor problem

robb

10 W
Hi all, have error 08 on my Bafand BBS02B. Ordered new hall sensor board off ebay Reliable Hall Sensor Board for For bafang BBS0102 HD G340 G320 Midmotor | eBay The sensors are not soldered in place and I do not see any identification to mark the left from the right leg. Does it matter which way they are soldered into the board? If it does how can you test each hall sensor to find which way it should be soldered in. Thanks

Found the answer, I think here Looking closely through a magnifying glass i one side is beveled. So will solder facing same way as original,

All the hall sensors in this package type, of any function-type (analog or digital output) I've seen are physically molded the same way--two beveled edges on the "front" side where the sensor faces out. The power, ground, and signal are also in that same order.

So any replacement sensors should face the same way as any originals.

I'm sure there's a sensor that's different out there somewhere...but I haven't seen it yet. :)

In 7 years of selling and supporting BBSxx motors first with Luna(ticks) and then California eBike hall sensor issues were as rare as hens teeth.
Possible I guess but extremely rare

Here's an ancient support response from years back,
Maybe it's helpful...

Sorry to hear about your error 8 issues. It sounds like you have done all the things I would recommend and the issue is persisting. Like you allude to, we have never found a motor stator yet with failed hall sensors and we have a tester that we use. Also, they are impossible to replace since they are epoxied in. The only thing I see left is replacing the stator Bafang Motor Stator for BBSHD with spade connectors
This is not an easy task unless you do it right. If you want to try it, let me know and I can send you a couple of videos showing how we have done it by setting the motor case in very hot water for about 20 seconds to release the stator.
All the best,

And again…

This problem is indeed rare. I suspect it originates from a weak signal out of the PAS circuit which senses movement of the chainring and would be the simplest to remedy, or misfiring of the hall sensors in the motor stator. I would start by replacing the PAS circuit Bafang PAS Circuit for BBSHD or BBS02
Also, check the magnetic disc that rotates over the PAS circuit to make sure it is not cracked or broken.
Good luck,

Fixed I think. With excellent youtube video help from here
Despite peeps having never experienced a hall sensor failure it was a hall sensor. Used a hall sensor from the kit I had bought from ebay in first post. removing and replacing the faulty hall sensor in the old board. Haven't fully assembled yet but motor seems to be turning fine. Let you know when fully assembled.

Back