BBS02B and a 30H error code

wallstreet

1 µW
So, I got 30H error code on my Bafang, I run a 500C display. Display shuts down immediately after turning it on, on two different batteries, a downtube and a rear rack battery. When the power button is held on, it reads 30H error code and 7-8 volts on the battery.

Before this, I noticed the motor would not supply power via PAS or throttle. Also heard a clicking when pedaling but not when I had the throttle.

So, I got a new display and a new controller, installed both, same problem. Currently waiting on a new 1t4 cable. Brake sensor also does not activate when I have the power button pressed.

During install of the new controller I noticed a few drops of water leaking out from a gasket within the controller compartment.

Any advice?

IIRC 30H is comm error, meaning display and controller can't talk.

That's usually a connection or cable issue between them, but can be a display failure (especially if there was water ingress into the display).

Since there was water ingress into your controller area, it may also have been damaged...but since replacing both didn't change the problem, it's more likely to be whatever cabling is between them.

If you haven't investigated the battery, you might want to make sure there's no moisture or water inside that, too.

IIRC 30H is comm error, meaning display and controller can't talk.

That's usually a connection or cable issue between them, but can be a display failure (especially if there was water ingress into the display).

Since there was water ingress into your controller area, it may also have been damaged...but since replacing both didn't change the problem, it's more likely to be whatever cabling is between them.

If you haven't investigated the battery, you might want to make sure there's no moisture or water inside that, too.
The water ingress wasn't into the controller area initially. There is gasketing material and silicone around the white clip, it leaked from behind that.

Back