bbshd problem - driving on walk assist but not on throttle and PAS

lazy_mosquito

100 mW
Hi,
I am wondering if somebody here has had the same problem?
I upgraded my Bullitt from a bbs02 to a BBSHD with a new battery. ( 14s7p)
It drove perfect for some weeks, after some weeks I got intermittent power. I thought it was my battery (4 years old) and replaced it with a new one from em3ev. The problem persisted so I contacted em3ev, and we came to the conclusion it should be the controller. They sent me immediately a new controller. I replaced the controller, replaced the electric wiring. So at this moment I have a new battery, a new BBSHD with a replaced controller and replaced all the wiring (except the brake, the sensor and throttle wiring because I don't have a replacement) When I start up the battery, my Eggrider v2 lights up, I can change the levels and the speedometer is working when I manually (or should I say feetly?) drive. So the speed sensor is working. When I activate the walk-assist the bike I going forward at 6 km/h - so the battery is working and the motor too. When I start pedalling I got no assist at all. The throttle isn't working either. I have also a c965 and a c963 control screen. Changing them makes no difference. So the control screen should also not be the problem. I disconnected the brakes and the throttle to be sure there is nothing wrong with the wiring from the brake and throttle. They are not needed to drive with PAS. Still not working. I used the standard programming and when this was not working I changed the programming to Karl's special sauce. (https://electricbike-blog.com/2015/06/26/a-hackers-guide-to-programming-the-bbs02/) still nothing.

I have no idea what I still can change, or what could be wrong. Am I missing something?

Some help would be nice

Kind regards and thanks in advance.

Pieter

By second thought, Does anybody know if there is a way to check if the PAS controller works from a BBSHD preferably without opening the motor. The only thing I can think that is broken is the PAS controller itself (I mean the magnets turning around inside the motor), this is separate from the controller and I can imagine that if the PAS is not registering, the assist doesn't kick in, I am not sure if the throttle also depends on the PAS (or at least getting information of the magnets turning around in the PAS controller)

Back