BBSHD voltage and capacity issue with eggrider presets

kosmpryw

100 µW
Hi there
Once upon a time i had an eggrider v2 and 16Ah 48V battery, it was working fine until the lcd decided to no longer turn on so I`ve changed it to DCP-18. Now I`ve changed my battery to 52V and 21Ah but LCD and controller identifies my battery as I saved it in eggrider (when it was working) so 48V and 16Ah. Not big issue but it gives me not accurate capacity, remaining battery etc. My firmware is the open source one. Is there a way to set it as 52V 21Ah?

take a multimeter and check the battery voltage of your battery, then write that value in the battery calibration tab in the configuration tool

take a multimeter and check the battery voltage of your battery, then write that value in the battery calibration tab in the configuration tool
Will try that but as far I`ve tried after updateing firmware to open source one none of configuration tools were able to connect to my controller. Altrough engine/controller is woring fine.

Yes, you`re right - BBSFWTool is working and I can set 58.8V max voltage but I`m unable to change battery capacity from 16 to 21Ah. Also strange fact is that BBSFWTool is showing my max Amps as 30A? I thougt that open firmware gives ability to use 33A? I have BT BMS and I saw that my engine draws 32-33A so why BBSFWTool is showing 30A?

Will try that but as far I`ve tried after updateing firmware to open source one none of configuration tools were able to connect to my controller. Altrough engine/controller is woring fine.
try it in this order - Turn off battery, open configuration tool and click on connect, connect program cable to bafang, then plug cable into pc, then turn on battery

I sold dozens and they're an adventure many aren't up to speed enough to sort. 9 years of BBSxx motors never needing the EggRiger interface. Good for techie types but they brought nothing but issues with not so savvy users.

I sold dozens and they're an adventure many aren't up to speed enough to sort. 9 years of BBSxx motors never needing the EggRiger interface. Good for techie types but they brought nothing but issues with not so savvy users.
I`ve bought the eggider because of 2 factors - small, compact size and ability to do change parameters as with USB thru the BT. Altrough using it for almost 2 years I must say that buttons are not handy at all... Now I`ve changed it do DZ39 and I`m more than happy.

try it in this order - Turn off battery, open configuration tool and click on connect, connect program cable to bafang, then plug cable into pc, then turn on battery
As I wrote - configuration tool provided with the open source firmware works and I`ve already changed the voltage. Main reason I wanted to use it is to change battery capacity as my BMS BT app recoginzes smaller than real capacity and can`t provide accurate %.

As I wrote - configuration tool provided with the open source firmware works and I`ve already changed the voltage. Main reason I wanted to use it is to change battery capacity as my BMS BT app recoginzes smaller than real capacity and can`t provide accurate %.
AFAIK there was never anywhere to configure the battery capacity in the original firmware or the open source one by Daniel.

I have no experience with BT BMS, but I would imagine that (battery capacity) would be done in the BMS app.

AFAIK there was never anywhere to configure the battery capacity in the original firmware or the open source one by Daniel.

I have no experience with BT BMS, but I would imagine that (battery capacity) would be done in the BMS app.
I`ve change capacity in the eggrider, rigt before it died and it affect numbers shown in BT app. My question was - is there any way (except with the eggrider) to change it back?

Do you mean you changed *BMS* parameters with the Eggrider? So that these were visibly changed in the *BMS* app?

Or *BBSHD motor controller* parameters, so that these were visibly changed in the *BBSHD* app?

Do you mean you changed *BMS* parameters with the Eggrider? So that these were visibly changed in the *BMS* app?

Or *BBSHD motor controller* parameters, so that these were visibly changed in the *BBSHD* app?
In the BMS app I can set the capacity to 21Ah but after one charge cycle it goes back to 15Ah, and the 15Ah is the value I`ve set in the eggrider in past. I don`t know where that data is stored but I guess it`s not the bms as with the 21Ah battery I`ve got new BMS (with BT), and when I was using 15Ah battery I have the old BMS (without the BT, but with the eggrider).

Attachments

• Screenshot_20230813_202049_XiaoXiangElectric.jpg
    Screenshot_20230813_202049_XiaoXiangElectric.jpg
    174.7 KB · Views: 4
So, let's try the question again, since you still haven't answered it directly, and this makes a difference to what people can do to help you or not:

Do you mean you changed *BMS* parameters **with the Eggrider**? So that these were visibly changed in the *BMS* app?

Or do you mean you changed *BBSHD motor controller* parameters **with the Eggrider**, so that these were visibly changed in the *BBSHD* app?

So, let's try the question again, since you still haven't answered it directly, and this makes a difference to what people can do to help you or not:

Do you mean you changed *BMS* parameters **with the Eggrider**? So that these were visibly changed in the *BMS* app?

Or do you mean you changed *BBSHD motor controller* parameters **with the Eggrider**, so that these were visibly changed in the *BBSHD* app?
I really don`t know where these changes made by the eggrider are saved to? I assume it made changes to the controller as when I`ve change the battery from 15Ah to 21Ah I`ve also changed the BMS but the 15Ah data still is visible in new BMS so if it`s not the BMS it have to be the controller.

Last edited:
Back