Best Option for Pedalec on Edgerunner

somedayson

1 µW
Hey everyone...long time lurker, first time poster. Thanks for all that I've learned pouring through hundreds of posts.

Getting an Edgerunner, 27D and was wondering the best way to get some pedalec on it. I'm going with the Crystalyte 20 inch motor kit from ebikes.ca. The challenge I've been told is that the THUN doesn't fit with that chainring and crankset.

I couldn't find any information about anyone running the Pedalex Sensor with Split Disk 12 pole magnet ring for splindle mount that ebikes.ca began selling. Anyone using it and have any feedback about this application?

I'm also looking at the TDCM sensor, but not sure if it will fit with this edgerunner set up. Any suggestions or help would be greatly appreciated.

My goal is to have a grip throttle to get up some huge hills near the house, but to depend on PAS from most of my commuting miles on this daily used vehicle. I'm selling my car and going to this full time...pretty excited.

Thanks again to everyone for their advice on this board,
Matt

We just put a BBS02 on a Big Dummy for the shop which seems to fit rather well. Could be something to consider. Falco is also working with Xtracycle on a motor option for the Edgerunner and their torque sensor is contained in the motor so it solves the issues with fitting a cadence sensor.

Thanks for this. A little nervous running a BBS02 as it hasn't been out very long. Maybe I shouldn't worry, but I'm literally selling my car and using this as my everyday ride here in Northern CA.

Back